1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a web designing company... Need Advice

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gr8webseller, Oct 16, 2010.

I am from india... Now internet in india is growing like crazy...now i see lots of companies have websites... i am a web designer and developer so like to start a small web designing company first targeting my own city..

i have planned to build a easy to use CMS ( my own ) exclusive for doctors and going to contact each and every doctor in my city through business card, brouchers..

now a days i seeing lots of doctors having websites... so i think it will work... but before i start i like to get your advice since i am going to spent time in developing CMS and money to advertise...

please give me ur advice..

gr8webseller, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  2. @WebPro

@WebPro Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that you plan to take load of two major business activities, namely marketing and development. Having both responsibilities will make you exhausted by the end of day and you will have little time in showing results to the customers. Not a good recipe for starters. Plus you would be investing a lot in the beginning. Instead, I have an offer to you. We will do it together. We have established infrastructure for hosting & development (technical expertise) for CMS. So you can put majority of time & efforts in signing up the customers. We share 50%-50%.

Send Message if, interested.

@WebPro, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  3. Refla

Refla Peon

Best Answers:
    Web design is a very saturated, difficult niche to compete in. I think you have a good idea though. Focusing on the GEO targeted, India region could work out well for you.

Refla, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  4. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, you should only do work for those in India and I myself don't hire companies that are outsourcing to other countries.

JoesMillion, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  5. brander

brander Member

Best Answers:
    your in the right direction. i made a lot through craigslist and the yellow pages here in the US. what i did was made a flyer stating why every local business should have a website. I then would find find the companys competition and show their increased business through the web. my big money maker wasnt the sites i made but my backend. made 100 as a hostgator affiliate per customer and would offer site maintenance at an additional monthly rate. hope that helps.

brander, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  6. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go ahead, My best wishes are with you.

You are right that website designing and development is very competitive domain. Its necessary to know your customer and target them specifically.

You can start selling your services to DP member's as well.

ebiztrendz.com, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  7. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can start by offering your jobs here(DP) or Elance....
    that will test your skill and make you much better...

swasts, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  8. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    many people outsource work in india so it might work for you,

first step on this kind of work is to get a good Portfolio and list your work,

pri2sh, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  9. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for all,, it is nice to hear the web designing service is good to start,,

gr8webseller, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  10. ~Monty~

~Monty~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend this to you. People get work done from companies, not freelancers. Hence, would be difficult. Instead, join a company first to see how they work, then maybe think about starting your own firm :)

Good Luck!

~Monty~, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  11. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Doing Web design work is a profitable career that's in high demand. I suggest to create a portfolio. Create your own website and put your design examples online.

AlfredSiliano, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  12. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    i am not going to contact peoples as individual, i am going to contact as company

gr8webseller, Oct 18, 2010 IP