1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

False Advertising?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by webrec, Oct 21, 2010.

So I recently went to purchase something on Tiger Direct, paid for it, and subsequently they are falsely advertising their product. How long do I wait before I post nasty blog messages across the web?

Its a digital software title, right in the picture it says "download and start using now" -- but you buy, and then have to wait 24-48 hours to download it. So how the heck is that download and start using now? Im angry, I want my download -- not a refund. I also want to make sure they stop their false advertising.

webrec, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. forum123

forum123 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is very harmful to customer a well as marketing.it distract market rules.

forum123, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is standard procedure.

Because there are many fraud case.

After client download,they issue a charge back against the company.

mentos, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  4. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop a mail to their customer service & send out strong dissatisfaction note.. If they are reputed & care for their customers they should note your objection & wil try to resolve the situation amicably.. if they do not respond then you can pretty much start your posting campaign. :)

shrkscn, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is common now to have to wait 24-48 due to theft people want to check the funds and make sure they are good. They should make it very clear you will have to wait but a lot don't.

I would give them 48hrs, it's not a big deal if they give it to you.

averyz, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  6. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Cant actually see any software on Tiger Direct that says "buy & download now" but there is a telephone number for them. If you need an urgent resolution to it, pick up the phone

AstarothSolutions, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need to try looking harder

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3984503&CatId=311

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3763374&CatId=311

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3763373&CatId=311

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ls.asp?EdpNo=3298847&Sku=YYP1-69FFS8YTMJ2VT4C

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ls.asp?EdpNo=3940207&Sku=YYP1-NAVDVYUVZDQZC6B

"Download and start using right now" - clearly advertised on these and other downloadable titles.

Making sure the funds "are good" is BS, it came from my paypal balance.

And the "customers do a charge back to the company" is a lame excuse as well, because it doesnt matter if its 24 hours, 48 hours, or a week later - you can do a charge back well upto 30 days and past that in some cases. So I could download the title at any point and do a charge back, the hold period is foolish.

webrec, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So did they give you the download ?

averyz, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  9. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Contact their customer service instead of getting all bend out shape because you didn't immediately receive the download. Did you even check you're spam folder to see if it's been delivered to email address you provided to them?

muffet, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  10. funkywizard

funkywizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Usually there will be fraud checks if things don't look right. If your ip is from one country and the CC is from another, that's a big red flag. Basically, your transaction was probably flagged as high risk. Just wait the 24-48 hours. It's for your protection as well as theirs.

funkywizard, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  11. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you didnt read the part where I said it has nothing to do with me, and has everything to do with the fact they DO NOT provide "immediate" downloads, even though they advertise it as such... it takes 24-48 hours to receive the link, even though pictures of the digital titles clearly show and advertise a "download and start using right now" button on it.

Definately wasnt "red flagged" - im from the U.S. , my credit cards from the U.S. and my IP address would have been U.S. based as well

webrec, Nov 11, 2010 IP