1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WHY i think you should Do Something your PASSIONATE about!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Woodcs82, Nov 9, 2010.

WHY i think you should Do Something your PASSIONATE about!

All the time i see business people starting businesses solely for the money. A lot of the time, these business people end up very unhappy because they aren't doing something that they are passionate about.

If you CHOOSE to do something you LOVE and your Passionate about, usually the money will follow.

For example - Why be a Dentist and make $125,000 a year (for example) and not enjoy what you're doing.

Or for the internet, why pick a niche that you don't want to spend your time on everyday. You will be UNHAPPY no matter HOW much money you bring in.

IMHO , i think you have to pick a niche or certain business that you will LOVE spending every minute,second,hour,day etc on.

Once you find that ONE THING you LOVE....start investing or raising money to do your DREAM JOB.

FOCUS on SOMETHING YOU LOVE.....INVEST IN IT....Establish a GOOD TEAM and you will find success. NEVER GIVE UP and always PLAN/RESEARCH Everything you do.

Just my 2 cents...

-C

Woodcs82, Nov 9, 2010 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  2. truejeff

truejeff Peon

Best Answers:
    nice article, good advices for start-ups. Thanks a lot!

truejeff, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  3. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not an article, its a post. Also +rep to the op:)

laxman363, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe because work is much easier when you do something you're passionate about.

AlfredSiliano, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes much easier but also you are forgetting a very important aspect. Passionate people develop good products. The passionate person will go the extra mile to develop a good product where as the person who is just doing it for the money cuts corners. You just have to be alittle bit better than the competition.

killer2021, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  6. lightoffirefly

lightoffirefly Guest

Best Answers:
    But not often doing what you're passionate about will put bread in your plate, so sometimes rather 90% of the time you have to choose niches or work which will make you money but you may not be passionate about it.

In our marketing area we often choose niche that we don't know much about and are not passionate about them too, but since they make us good money so we work with them. The one thing a person can be passionate about or motivated about can be "Money".

lightoffirefly, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  7. truejeff

truejeff Peon

Best Answers:
    laxman: what's the different between a post with content and an article? i think it is well written enough to be consider an article.. haha.. just curious to know.. no offence.. cheers.. :)

truejeff, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  8. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Light,

I really believe that if you choose a niche/subject your passionate and knowledgeable about , the money will follow. Sometimes if you enjoy your niche enough , money doesn't matter as much as long as you're comfortable.

There's no sense in doing something you don't enjoy just for money.

Best,

-C :cool:

Woodcs82, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  9. s.tranger

s.tranger Peon

Best Answers:
    way to state the obvious, everyone knows that if you do something you enjoy, you will do it better and be happier. I guess some people need the reminder though. You also need a niche that you can see some method of monetization

s.tranger, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  10. knight_of_honour

knight_of_honour Peon

Best Answers:
    i personally disagree. what if the niche you're passionate about is not profitable and can't be monetised? would you still doing that niche? or would you pick profitable niche that can bring more money? i can say this because this what happens to me. i made blog with niche i like, and it's not profitable. at the end of the day, i don't have passion to continue doing it. the blog got no visitors, got no income, end of story.

knight_of_honour, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  11. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IF you Disagree ...disagree.. you dont need to be Disrespectful! GIVE Respect to Get it back!

Woodcs82, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  12. DominiquePrentiss

DominiquePrentiss Peon

Best Answers:
    You know, this is a two-way street. There are things
    that I'm passionate about that won't make me one
    thin dime because I am one of the few who's interested
    in the topic.

When I find a profitable niche - I go the extra mile
    to convince myself I AM passionate about it. I
    find a way to enjoy it to make it something I
    enjoy writing about and promoting.

DominiquePrentiss, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  13. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    If a person is going to do something their passionate about they must not let the customers demands & whims overwhelm their passionand make it become a chore. For instance someone may have a passion in embroidery so they decide to make custom embroider napkins for brides wedding reception party. But we all know brides can be pretty demanding when it comes to what they may want on their napkins for the tables at their wedding reception. So they may start to demands which one may not be able to compensate them with. For the person who started doing it as a passion, that niche make soon become a chore and source of stress and migraine. So one should be careful with what niche they start in which they're passionate about. If you're passionate about something money will not be the thing which crowds one's conscious, it will be second or third. As with any business, even a non-profit, the idea is to make money not loose it.

muffet, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  14. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is, it does not matter what kind of venture you are in, in the beginning, it is almost certainty you will be losing money and time. It is the passion that keeps you going. You have to have faith in your mission. It would be nice you can burn through Venture Capitalists money. But a lot of them do not have the luxury. You look back at the first 5 years of Craigslist. Who would have thought it could become a most visited classifieds site?

webbmaster, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  15. knight_of_honour

knight_of_honour Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm just telling the truth. i do NOT disrespect anyone. if you feel disrespected, then whatever

knight_of_honour, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  16. bryllescot

bryllescot Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely true. This insight is very inspiring. I agree, that you must follow where your heart is, as it keeps you to do things more persistently. This really helps you make passive money.

bryllescot, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  17. solidcode

solidcode Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is a saying that if you "Do something you love and you never work a day in your life".

solidcode, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  18. Sonam Lama

Sonam Lama Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of what you said but sometimes people are motivated by the experiences that money can bring and so many people go where the money is. Also, in many occasions someone's passion may not be a huge market and thus not profitable.

But, Gary Vaynerchuck is a great example of someone who has followed his passion and is Crushing It!..check him out.

Sonam Lama, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  19. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Love what you do and do what you love :)
    -S

~~~~, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  20. tammymarie36

tammymarie36 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, if you don't do something you love or passionate about then you will soon lose your focus and give up.

tammymarie36, Dec 15, 2010 IP