1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My new facebook app gets 190K users in half year, what to do next?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by tdjprj, Nov 23, 2010.

My new facebook app (http://www.cha.fm) tells users about their social friends, its like a mini 'Statcounter', or 'Google Analytic' alike tool the Facebook social network.

When I first started, its growth was very slow, but somehow it reached some power users, mentioned in some magazines, and have grown to over 190K users in half year.

I believe many users found it useful (got 9000+ likes). However the only way I can use the traffic is by selling some banner space and text links, and the ad dollor from it is very small. The banner network is paying by CPM and usually the CPM is less than $1, and my hosting cost is growing fast because of the high usage of the app.

This is a new ground for me as I was mainly focus on developing traditional website projects.

Would appreciate any suggestion about how to better use the traffic, where to look for partners, and how to increase the app's usefulness.

tdjprj, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  2. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. That's amazing.

Is there a way to drive traffic from the app (the people who are using the app) and to your website (or any other website for that matter)? If it is, without destroying the app, you can use this traffic to build a list, or monetize it in a different way.

slymarketing, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. bigitaboss

bigitaboss Peon

Best Answers:
    mind to share how much bandwidth ur app consumed?

r u using RockYou ads network?

bigitaboss, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  4. smartyprabal

smartyprabal Peon

Best Answers:
    The app directly works from your blog. That means everytime some one uses the app your blog visits get increased. If your blog gets down for a while, the app also won't work.

smartyprabal, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  5. mm_media

mm_media Peon

Best Answers:
    congratulations dude, you got it

mm_media, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  6. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    sell something like vitural currency

br3adman, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  7. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on the success of your app - although I'm not really into using stuff like that, it looks pretty cool and I can see how it is popular. Is the app losing you at the moment? Or are the revenues bigger than the costs but you just want to increase them?

Steve Marino, Jan 7, 2011 IP