1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you work with Social bookmarking websites to get traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by freebieguru.com, Dec 13, 2010.

Hello,

I am just curious to know how some people get huge traffic from social bookmarking websites. I personally, just post my links or pages, in fact i have just started doing it. I will update about the stats later here.
    I see some people get thousands or at least hundreds of visitors to their websites. How do they get such traffic? Apart from submitting websites/pages what else you do on those sites to get good and targeted traffic? Please share and it helps people like us.

Thank you

freebieguru.com, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  2. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am also having the same question. How people use it for marketing and earing money?

pradiprg, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  3. jy34560416

jy34560416 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking can increase your site exposure

jy34560416, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  4. freebieguru.com

freebieguru.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, but what additionally do we need to do to get good amount of traffic?

freebieguru.com, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  5. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to expand your friends network in major bookmarking sites to drive more traffic. Your story would gets a chance of getting more views/votes by having more friends/subscribers/followers. But don't forget to add the feedback or comments of your friend's story. Building network is a key point here :)

Tessa_86, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  6. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Not all the book marking sites will drive traffic. I am getting traffic from stumbleupon, digg, delicious, and reddit. so better you try all this.

joelchrist, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  7. dream party

dream party Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make sure that the content you post to bookmarking sites are fresh and informative.

dream party, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  8. addictionrecovery

addictionrecovery Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way is to get your own friends to be your fans. Then you can buy fans from reputable companies. Use signature in your email pointing back to your facebook fan page and also your business cards.

That's what I'm doing and I'm getting decent amount of traffic because the viral nature of facebook

addictionrecovery, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  9. MichelleEdwards

MichelleEdwards Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the money to invest... this is by far a one stop shop. There is an opt in to view the videos but you can decide for yourself.. I have personally been using their program for two years and its awesome..

They have a lesser product called Traffic Geyser which if you can't get the all inclusive I would also recommend .. but get the highest package you can afford because the support and training and additional tools are worth it. (I've made the mistake...)

Here's what they sent me when they came up with this new program: bit.ly/socialmedia4business

The other thing is the keywords and submission to blog posts etc. you don't want just social bookmarking... you have to find out what people are typing in to find your services. Try Google Keyword tool. and then create some valuable content around those words. The key is valuable you dont want a bunch of fluff n stuff or no one will want to trust you to do business with you. So then no traffic will follow.

I could go on and on about how to do this... but check out the videos at the link above first, its for a product called Social Media Marketing Machines... if nothing else you will get some good tips, there is an email opt in... but these guys are on the up and up not a bunch of scammers... I've seen plenty of those around.

If you want a lesser investment here is the Traffic Geyser Link: bit.ly/gmL8T9

All of these things I can't say enough about I have had awesome success... Just go to basement remodeling columbus ohio or la jolla house painter to see the results we have been getting ... basically we dominate the terms people are looking for with these services and then drive traffic to the sites. You'll see which ones are our clients. We use the systems mentioned above to make this happen.

Good Luck,
    Michelle

MichelleEdwards, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  10. b2bmarketing

b2bmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everybody, I've just joined this forum and my name is Monica and thought I would contribute - What I've found a lot of people fail to do is (once registered) update your profile, as some bookmarking sites do give you the opportunity to post a website URL, which can drive traffic if members of the community start to view your profile. Once you have registered to the bookmarking sites, why not bookmark your own websites? These are really basic points but I've had some success by doing the following…

b2bmarketing, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  11. Jimmy7077

Jimmy7077 Peon

Best Answers:
    Increase your network on social bookmarking sites. Share good links with them and with share the link that you want to promote. Ask them to share it further in their network. Its like real world. Build trust and get social. And if you are lucky then you will come on to the home page and then watch your servers getting melt.

Jimmy7077, Dec 14, 2010 IP