1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help with my video game business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Actaviosan, Dec 10, 2010.

Hello dear DP members.
    I am now a certified reseller of a company, selling video games cd-keys and timecards, but the thing is that I have no idea on how and where to actually sell my products.
    I tried establishing a website once, and went on for 3 months without ANY sale, also I've contacted eBay and they said that digitally delivered items are not allowed anymore on eBay.

That's my problem, I can only deliver the cd-keys and timecards codes digitally via e-mail, and right now I have absolutely no idea on where to sell my products. Can't put them on DP because it is not allowed, neither on eBay and also setting up a website isn't an option for me.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks

Actaviosan, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'm going to say it's going to have to be a website again, how much traffic did you get from your last go at launching an ecommerce site? Does the product sell, is there even any demand for it.

The people who buy off the internet are real people and you can't just sell any old rubbish online and expect it to sell the same can be said for the sales process, the art of selling online is being a good peoples person and understanding people and their needs, you also have to be able to think like your customer does. If you can't think like your customer then how do you expect to sell to them?

Seqqa, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  3. salwek

salwek Member

Best Answers:
    This is not easy especially with gaming market. You need to prepare budget and invest money sir.

salwek, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  4. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    you had a website...doesn't mean you sell automatic. you knew what & where the site was....but did the rest of the world?
    also.... take a look how your comptitors manages these problems, you spoke about.
    also.... is there an general interest in your segment of products?

rikv, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  5. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, then the best is to sell them in "real" life, not online. I mean, if you can't sell it on ebay and you are not planning to setup a site for it then what else can you do to sell the products online.

Just my 2 cents, the best thing is to make a website. I suggest that you make a website that has guides, wiki's , info about the game that you are marketing. It will be better if you can setup a forum with it so gamers can actually interact to each other. If you come to this point, you already have 2 incomes on the site. 1.] advertisements on the site 2.] The products you are selling.

Anyway, wish you good luck :)

Yuuko008, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  6. Actaviosan

Actaviosan Guest

Best Answers:
    That's probably the best idea I've ever heard.
    Thank you, alot, Yuuko008.

Actaviosan, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  7. xcbh

xcbh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a proposition for you, I can build your website and start selling your product and we can share the cut 50/50 if you interested pm me ;).

xcbh, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  8. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, I'm glad you like what i had suggested. So what's your decision?

Yuuko008, Dec 14, 2010 IP