1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are ebooks Cash machines?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Makow, Dec 19, 2010.

Hello everyone.

I should have raised this thread under ebooks but i think that it doesn't belong there although it concerns the same.

My question is, has anybody or is anybody making money from ebooks bought from DP? My question arises from the enormous popularity of ebooks that are being marketed every day as guaranteed money makers. You will agree with me that the hype sorrounding these ebooks can tempt even the most resistant person. Please, help us to undrstand the truth in the bold claims made by these gurus as they themselves will not provided the money is in their accounts. It would alsobe good for the buyers to make honest reviews in the threads to help others and also to keep the ebook niche in good repute.

Makow, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  2. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Turning your question around a bit.
    I think you will only find a cash machine if you have 'something' of value that lots of other people want and are willing to pay for.
    But here's the catch - unless your eBook has real value AND is unique, why would anybody want to buy from you, rather than somebody they know or trust or has a reputation to lose? If it's a me too affiliate offer, or PLR spin off that lots of other people have or could get - then forget it.
    My advice is to start with something of value, test to see you can convert it to sales and only then start to think about scaling it up to cash machine status - using the leverage of the internet

seafrontsteve, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  3. Makow

Makow Peon

Best Answers:
    @Seafrontsteve: It is good to hear what you are saying from the seller's point of view. How about the buyer? My concern actually is about the buyers who are being drained of their hard earned cash on a daily basis. @MyeasyCpa: The problem i have is the overhyped stuff about these ebooks. For example, you will find a guy hyping an ebook using some maverick's marketing phrases. But try to look at the comments made by them in the thread, it is like they can't even write is and was!! Isn't this some sort of copy paste from another forum or wherever?

Makow, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  4. Makow

Makow Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be very interesting to hear from people who have bought these books and then gone ahead to make what they(ebooks) promise especially after following every instruction.

Makow, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  5. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Marketing 'get rich quick' products on DigitalPoint and webmaster forums is increasingly difficult, because people are weary of big promises with little results. Try marketing an eBook to people who are new and will learn even from less advanced techniques.

Hecky, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything can be a cash machine, bottled bloody water is a major cash cow and it's just god damn water for christ sakes lol. It's all in the marketing.

Seqqa, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  7. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only ebooks I have seen here have been in peoples Sigs that are promoting ClickBank products. If that is the case, there are ways to see if the info is valid.
    Now, if you are talking about reports that is a different story. I haven't seen many of those in this forum, but the Warrior forum is full of them.

What I do is first research the author. How many others have they sold, what is their reputation etc. Next I research the product and see what others are saying about it. By others, I mean people in the forum who has purchased it.

Next I check out the guarantee. If there isn't any, I go back and research deeper and ask tons of questions. Once satisfied, I purchase.
    If there is a gurantee, I purchase it and if it does not live up to what it advertises, I get a refund. I am talking about the reports that make reasonable claims. Not the BS make $5000 per month in 30 days or get your money back:))

Just use common sense and don't be afraid to ask questions. Realize that making money on the net is not that easy until you have learned quite a bit.

zeekstern, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  8. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the book doesn't have an ISBN then chances are that it isn't that great of a book.

killer2021, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you've done indepth studies into this, or is this a wild guess?

Seqqa, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  10. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    The best eBook with the worst marketing campaign is doomed to fail, while the worst eBook with an awesome marketing campaign is destined to succeed.

Seriously though, any info product will only become a "cash machine" with good marketing including finding joint venture partners to help promote it.

Good luck!

Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  11. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody will sell a working method, it will only be sold once the seller sees he cannot make anything more.
    why would i sell something that makes me $100 a day for $5?
    Worst see it shared on shady forums lol

~~~~, Dec 21, 2010 IP