1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Movie Trailer Websites, Are they still alive ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by z80039, Dec 26, 2010.

Hi ,
    I am thinking of creating a movie trailer website where I add info about coming movies and trailers. I was wondering if this may be a good opportunity to make some money and if this buiseness is already saturated. Also Is it legal to put movie trailers on youtube and link them from my site ? What tips can you give me for making a solid income from such sites ? Do you think automated scripts are good idea? Should I put movies older than 2005 ?

Thank you

z80039, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  2. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean, Apple already has that going. They put trailers to movies up all the time. May be hard to compete with, but I don't know for sure.

businessman413, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  3. Mokeli

Mokeli Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think that would be a good Idea because theres so many large websites like youtube where you can get those trailers you want to see for free.

Mokeli, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  4. developerpanda

developerpanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea might not be a good idea, YouTube already has a dedicated page for trailers youtube.com/trailers

developerpanda, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  5. z80039

z80039 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys,
    but also you can find funny movies on youtube and there are many famous funny video sites, right ? What would you think would be a unique idea within the trailers website that can get more people to watch and stay ? Also my question, is it legal to get trailers and put them on youtube and link them ?

z80039, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In the age of JewTube this is worthless .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  7. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean, I'm not sure man. How about you go and study some of those high traffic movie/trailer sites and see what they all have in common. Also, try to think to yourself, what would make it better. I know that's kind of what you were asking us, but if you really want to succeed with this, you're going to have to do the thinking yourself.

Luck to you

businessman413, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  8. Mokeli

Mokeli Peon

Best Answers:
    It would not be illegal to link them the only illegal thing would be if you did not get permission from the movie company, because they might pay you to put it for promotional reasons, and they can report you .

Mokeli, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  9. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube has killed these type of sites..

Bohra, Dec 27, 2010 IP