1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software that will print ORDERS/FORM-Submissions From Your Website With Your PC?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SimThePhpCoder, Jan 1, 2011.

I have googled for a few minutes (5-10), but have not found any. I am thinking of developing some software that will do just that if enough people are interested. If I do develop this software, it will not be free, but it will not be very expensive. One key feature will be to allow the users to design there own layouts of the content they want printed.

SimThePhpCoder, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I dont understand, what exactly will the software do?

webrec, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  3. SimThePhpCoder

SimThePhpCoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will allow you to print submitted data on your website from your PC's printer such as order forms. Maybe you have a Registration form with user information such as name, phone, email, address, ext and you would like a hard copy of this instead of it laying around on your web server or a backup on your PC. This will print a copy of that information to paper. That is just one example of what this software can be used for.

4. Alfonso_Montenegro

Alfonso_Montenegro Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting... how much would you sell it for after you developed it? Any figures in mind???

Alfonso_Montenegro, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  5. SimThePhpCoder

Best Answers:
    I am open to suggestions that don't seem reasonably to low.

6. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    So whats the problem with having the data submitted to your email address... which then, allows you to print it off?

webrec, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  7. SimThePhpCoder

Best Answers:
    You could do that. My way would be automated. My way would also allow for the user to design the template of the printed data. Of course you could do that by having the data emailed to you in the template already. This just seems more fun for me anyways.

SimThePhpCoder, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  8. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, you sure theres nothing out there - youre probably just looking for the wrong search terms. I use PHP/MySQL to handle forms that I need digitally signed from people. You can also tie in PDF to spit it into PDF on the fly .... just an FYI.

How much you looking to sell it for? Im sure many people would be interested in a "custom" solution.

webrec, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  9. SimThePhpCoder

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking around 20$/copy or just sell the source/software rights to one person for a few hundred. Uncertain what I am going to be doing. I'm not very good at marketing so I debating what route to take.

SimThePhpCoder, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  10. Alfonso_Montenegro

Alfonso_Montenegro Peon

Best Answers:

Then consult an expert. It'll be a pity if you don't give it a shot and cash in on this software of yours, man.

Alfonso_Montenegro, Jan 2, 2011 IP