1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to succeed in the online Internet business world if...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by boaster, Jan 8, 2011.

...if you don't know php / MySQL?

...if you don't know how to code?

I don't know how to do any of the above. Is it still possible to succeed?

boaster, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  2. zadras

zadras Member

Best Answers:
    Internet biz is more than making websites. You could do writing, translating, blogging and so on.

zadras, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  3. ComputerGirl

ComputerGirl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, it is possible to succeed and besides you can also learn that if you want to, there nothing so complicated. I also do not know php, but when I need to do something I just find over Internet how to manage that and everything is fine!

By that I wanted to say that I am not a programmer, but that is not disturbing me from making websites, and including there basic things what I should put in website to help it rank better. All you need is just start from one like a training platform I mean website and next website already will go much easier and will be much more optimized that the first one!

ComputerGirl, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is, I don't really know how to program. I am no programmer, I am no web designer. What I am is a business man, who knows how to leverage the ability of those who do know how do such things as program PHP or create landing pages etc. I bring the smartest and clearest people together and create something fantastic that's going to make a lot of money.

Picture a company, you have thousands of people and thousands of skill sets. Complex structure that leans on each other, if any one skill set was missing the company wouldn't be able to function.

Identify what you're skills are and stick to them. Use others to fill in the missing gaps.

Seqqa, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  5. FW-David

FW-David Peon

Best Answers:
    If you blog, most services install mysql and set it up for you in the installer. It's pretty easy and nice to use.

FW-David, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  6. meltingwaves

meltingwaves Peon

Best Answers:
    boaster,

Great question. I love seeing new people get online but I know they're usually worried if they need to know coding in order to succeed. You absolutely don't need to know any coding, but you should try to familiarize yourself with some basic coding if you can. That'll definitely help.

Here are a few things you will need to succeed online, at least with the strategies I use.

You'll need to create some sort of website. Relate it to something you have a deep passion for and target it towards people that have the same passion. Provide an endless flow of helpful content on your site because it's really all about reaching out to your viewers and helping them. Once they see you really want to help them, they'll be back again and again, which will skyrocket your traffic and dramatically improve your business.

You should also add an email list to your business. This allows viewers to subscribe and you can send them emails with great content and promotions regularly to drive up your traffic and increase your income. Give them an awesome free eCourse or free report for signing up, so they know they can instantly get value from your emails.

There are definitely a lot of other ways you can succeed online without knowledge of coding, but this is a pretty basic one that can go far if you put enough effort into it. Create the website that provides helpful content on a regular basis. Link it to your email newsletter. Give people a gift for signing up, then email them a well-balanced mix of helpful content and a few affiliate offers. That's definitely the most basic way to start making money online without knowledge of coding, but keep in mind that there are many more.

If you're interested, I offer an eCourse that walks you through the process of building a profitable blog about design in just 30 Days and it's totally free to take. It has a lot of great information about building a profitable email newsletter list without coding knowledge, so I think you'd definitely be interested. Here's the link. LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ECOURSE

meltingwaves, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Half the people who are successful on the internet have no idea how to do that stuff. They outsource it. That is the key.

businessman413, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can.

You can hire other the people to do it for you.

mentos, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  9. shockbody

shockbody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The key to success online is taking action. If you don't know coding, just go for wordpress blog. You could then come right here to digital point and model success. I like the answer about outsourcing... businessman413 is right on the money with that statement. Take action on your strengths, and outsource your weaknesses. Keep trying, and be willing to fail a few times (or more), before you end up making it on the internet. You need to be relentless because its not always easy!

shockbody, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  10. the_hawk

the_hawk Member

Best Answers:
    You can succeed in making money online even if you do not have any kind of technical skills.. there are many other way outs to make money online other then building websites and promoting them.. Good Luck with your Success..

the_hawk, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  11. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many smart people here, some kind.
    among them busy all the time definitely need other people to do his job.
    you must be confident and diligent, do not need to know much.
    please focus on your profession and visit the forums at any time.

demoel, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  12. Giley

Giley Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Yes it is possible but only with the right people. I am a member of what is possibly the best coaching site on the web.
    PM me and I will send you details.

Good Luck

Giley, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  13. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sure you can, you don't need to know much about these, as there are many helping tools online these days.

no69_2007, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  14. DIGITALCHAMELEON

DIGITALCHAMELEON Peon

Best Answers:
    Many of the successful internet marketer don't have any knowledge about PHP or MySQL but they made their successful. Some of them as well hired experts in that field and collaborate their job into a more successful business.

DIGITALCHAMELEON, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  15. m0dem

m0dem Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can you hire people to do the things you cant do and you use what you can do

m0dem, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  16. shockbody

shockbody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree! Determination, The "Take Action" Attitude, and not being afraid of making mistakes, will be a much more valuable skillset than PHP or MySQL. You can always outsourse those duties, but you cant outsource determination, and willingness to take action. I always look for people that are very successful and try to model success. DP is full of success stories!

shockbody, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  17. Spanic123

Spanic123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure its possible, just outsource your work.

Spanic123, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  18. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    If you have an idea, and know how to pull the right resources around, you could certainly succeed on the 'net. Knowing programming languages keeps the developments costs down but if you don't have a feasible business plan/idea then the biz may not survive.

gotlivechat, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  19. Spaced

Spaced Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree - outsource what you dont know and sell what you do!

Spaced, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  20. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice I'll learn a lot from your experience

demoel, Jan 13, 2011 IP