1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Aren't you Making Money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by businessman413, Jan 8, 2011.

I know this is kind of a vague question. But, why are you not making money online? What's your struggles you run into. I figure maybe some of us can help a few of you guys out.

So go ahead. Tell us your problems.

businessman413, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  2. Krista18

Krista18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to make money online because I have been spending most of my time with my laptop than anything else BUT the thing is, there has been so many online jobs that are dubious or fake or SCAM. :(

Krista18, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  3. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because, people don't have money to invest and make money? or that the time they spend into something productive isn't really worthy

wounded1987, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid it's true like the person above me states making money takes capital investment. The internet is a very compeitive industry, there's so many big players now that if you want a slice of their cake you're going to have to buy it.

Life dosn't give free hand outs, everything comes at a price.

Seqqa, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  5. TikiGirl

TikiGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    The least inexpensive way I found to make money on the internet is with affiliate programs. If you get with the right affiliate programs you can make money without a cash investment.

TikiGirl, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  6. lucccy

lucccy Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course its the money for those who are smart,
    Or the time you don`t have to accomplish the things you have planned.

lucccy, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. dryeraser

dryeraser Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get started with $0 investment. I did.

There are so many "free" tools and products out there that you can use. It's true you can make money in your pajamas. You just need to treat it like a real job, stay consistent on your daily tasks, etc. Know what's REAL vs the FAKE (ie scams) ...Read a lot, learn a lot, test a lot and make money along the way. It's really simple.

If you have a good standing Google Adsense account, you're ready to go.

PM me if you want to know more or need hand holding - I can show you what to do step-by-step.

dryeraser, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  8. dryeraser

dryeraser Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to look at the industry like a big pie -- that pie is worth $100,000,000,000 -- yes, the big players may have bigger slices of that pie, but that still leaves a small slice of that $100,000,000,000 pie available for me (and others). Everyone has a opportunity to make money. "Find passion. Train yourself, failure isn’t an option…"

Everyone who knows how to read, or knows how to use a computer, has access to the internet, access to Google.com and start researching. It's free. Read, watch, learn, test, fail a few times, win many many times.

dryeraser, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  9. ztr3ngth

ztr3ngth Peon

Best Answers:
    I get lost in starting up different projects all over the place.

Im full of ideas, which leads me to begin starting on a new site then before i know it i move onto another

So i never get much done :(

really working hard to just focus on one thing at the moment though and hammer away at it. wish me luck!

ztr3ngth, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That brings me onto another valuable point, your available resources will also determin your level of success too. You can do some really crazy stuff when you start mixing momey and intelligance together you only have to look at Google and Facebook for examples. Some people just aren't business people either, I can normally tell within 30 seconds of speaking to someone if they're a business person or not.

If you're not a business person, don't push yourself the worst thing in the world is when you start to lie to yourself. Do something you are good at, more importantly do something you enjoy because the chances are you're going to spend a lot fo time doing it.

Seqqa, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  11. TikiGirl

TikiGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I whole heartedly agree. If you do something that you are good at you will never work another day in your life. Look at Donald Trump, he likes real estate and look at Bill Gates, he loves computers. They make billions of dollars and they are doing what they truly love to do. To thine self be true. The best way to make money is to do something that you truly enjoy doing. Everybody has something that they enjoy doing and you can use that something to make money.

TikiGirl, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  12. TikiGirl

TikiGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I did the same thing for years. I started in 1997 building websites and moving on from idea to idea. If I had focused on the one website I would probably a millionaire by now because the internet was fairly new back then. I went to my Doctor and discovered in 2005 that I had an attention deficit. He prescribed me some Adderall and I am now able to focus on what I am doing. I can totally immerse myself into something without losing focus.

I hope I am not offending you by telling you this because there is nothing wrong with it unless it interferes with thing that you are doing. In my case it was interfering with my entire life. Just think of something that you truly enjoy doing or researching and make a website about it. You will definitely be successful at it. Good luck.

TikiGirl, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  13. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the key to making money is, finding an already proven method. And not quitting till you succeed with it. Sure there are variables you can change. But find a solid concept of making money, such as affiliate marketing, and start learning and applying.

AT least, that's the best thing to do when you first start out.

businessman413, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  14. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    The only people whos not making money are the lazy one. Now, if your question is why people are not making big money then yes, it could be because of lack of method, investment, or tools etc.

But if youre not lazy you will make money. Youve gotta start somewhere

ps. oh yeah, you need to have internet access

tonyran, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  15. the_hawk

the_hawk Member

Best Answers:
    Money Can be made only with Money(Investment). It takes something if you need something good in return. And also Hard work is a factor..

the_hawk, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  16. SimThePhpCoder

SimThePhpCoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not making no money online because I got NO MONEY!! I got drivers license, so I can't get a bank account, so I can't get a paypal account. I can't buy things online like domains or hosting without them. I got php scripts to sell. I don't trust no free host's to put up live demo's. Even if I did have them online. I wouldn't be able to collect the money due to no bank.

SimThePhpCoder, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  17. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

I joined this forum, I need the money.
    I do not know the method here, how do I get a job.
    I hope the forum can tell how

greeting

demoel, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  18. rapking

rapking Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone

As i can see, all of you are here to earn money. You can easily do that :)

BUT

Most of the offers on this website, sooner or later, turn out to be a scam

so i came up with an ebook that teaches and trains you to stay away from scams
    Heres the link if you want to inquire more:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2036482&highlight=no+more+scams

or if you wanna know the blackhat techniques used by scammers to fool you

heres my post....SCAMMING REVEALED

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2056524&highlight=scamming+revealed

Regards,

rapking

:)

rapking, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  19. lucccy

lucccy Guest

Best Answers:
    @ rapking,
    your ebook is probably useful but you are just another business jerk who sells something to somebody who is looking for a solution, well done.

@ demoel
    if you have no ideas there will be no money, i have more ideas than i can ever realize.

@ the hawk
    investment requires hard work, money to invest, beeing a mental rock, a book nerd / bloomberg addict, there are much easier and less risky ways i guess.

In the end i think you need a plan and probably on some point a partner, but where to get a partner for lets say a big website project you can not realize alone ( due to lack of business knowledge and money?)

lucccy, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  20. rapking

rapking Peon

Best Answers:
    @ lucccy,

yes obviously we all are business jerks here. This is a general business category.
    i have worked hard to write my ebook and to CONVINCE a few scammers to tell me their methods.
    i want money for my hard work. would you want to do a job and get paid nothing? im sure the answer is a no.

rapking, Jan 9, 2011 IP