1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most effective way to market an e-commerce website?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by HuuLeon, Jan 11, 2011.

What is the most effective way to market an e-commerce website.
    Hello Everyone,

What is the most effective way to market the website http://www.123exchanges.com

This website is a marketplace to find and exchange anything you desire by video marketing.
    To connect buyers and sellers together by videos instead of relying on pictures

How would you guys market a website like this?

HuuLeon

HuuLeon, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had a look at your site and I must say that I really like it. The site is very user friendly and easy to navigate. First of all you should use promotions on your facebook fan page for driving traffic to your site. In addition you should "tweet' at least one message a day with a featured add.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    ListBuildingForNewbies, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. SiteCollector

SiteCollector Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent site! I like the layout and simplicity which will make it easier for your visitors to navigate.

Use common sources such as YouTube, FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter. Create pages with branding towards your site and if possible even groups. Also use Backpage.com and Craigslist. I would then write articles about your site and submit them to article directories and then link those articles through SocialBookmark sites. Also link your site separately of course.

Don't forget the most important thing is proper SEO on your site (pages) for the keywords you wish to rank in. Nothing beats natural search engine traffic. Those are just a few ways to generate some FREE traffic, I always like buying a campaign or two nce the site has started getting a little buzz in order to bring in additional traffic. I am always careful through to make sure and advertise in related sites!!!

Good luck!

SiteCollector, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. HuuLeon

HuuLeon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys

HuuLeon, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  5. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    promote it on related blogs and get people reviews about your site.

no69_2007, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. RachelCorrine

RachelCorrine Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting concept!! Join some forums related to your topic and comment on related blogs. Not in order to drop links, but in order to engage in conversation with potential users and get the word out.

On a side note... I am curious about your name...123exchanges...I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to really relate to the video aspect of your site. I like that it is easy to remember though.

RachelCorrine, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  7. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    You should promote it on social network sites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  8. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    How would a site like Craigslist help with that?

Torsten, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  9. HuuLeon

HuuLeon Peon

Best Answers:
    The mission of 123exchanges.com is to help people exchange anything they desire by using videos. I can vision the future of online shopping is video. People won't rely on pictures to buy things no more. I got scam so many times with false pictures. If i can view a video of a product, i'll be more confidence in buying it. I want to spread the word out and help people change the habits of relying on pictures too much.

HuuLeon, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  10. Botchweed

Botchweed Peon

Best Answers:
    Right because everyone else here is so damn polite and obviously stupid, let me share some home truths.

The site is appalling, people aren't going to use it, it isn't easy to navigate, it is filled with typos, people aren't going to bother using it when you can just use a video in your ebay submission.

The entire site looks like a scam, and honestly, even the video ad on the right hand side has a typo in it. "Post Items and get Wii" it's supposed to be a site for Americans, learn to use the English language if you want to be taken seriously by English speakers.

I'm very sorry that this will come off as a complete rant, especially after everyone else was so nice, but this site is horrifically bad and i would be seriously shocked if anyone used it.

Botchweed, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. thevolts

thevolts Peon

Best Answers:
    you could also use coupons/discount sites and offer some discount for the first 500 customers etc. Example, sites like snapdeal.com.

thevolts, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  12. HuuLeon

HuuLeon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the honest comments. I'll have a editorial fix it.

HuuLeon, Jan 16, 2011 IP