1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for file sharing

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by felz, Jan 12, 2011.

hai guys,
    sorry if re-post, I've looking everywhere, but I cant find the best CMS for filesharing just like 4shared or ziddu

many thank for your suggestion :D

felz, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt you will find any CMS that will do what those sites can. They custom built those with a bank of programmers.

You could try looking at Open Source Groupware which may be able to be adapted to your needs.

Dodger, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  3. felz

felz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks, immediately drove to the scene, I certainly do not look as powerful cms 4shared or something else, but a simple cms is enough

felz, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Try YABSoft's Mega File Hosting Script. It is a commercial script. I know nothing about this script, I did a quick Google and it popped up.

And I should rephrase my previous post. You probably will not find anything that is FREE, if that is what you are looking for. Looking for a free script probably implies that you are going to just throw it up on a cheap server too. In which case, your solution is pretty much screwed out of the gate if you know anything about sharing files. But, I could be wrong in my assumptions.

Dodger, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    My litle McAfee showed up the red warning baloon, I don't know what it sniffed.

@Dodger, Thanks for the Open Source Groupware link.

radiant_luv, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said, I know nothing about the script.

And ur welcome for the other. The Open Source CMS site is pretty good. Been around for years, and should be your first stop for anything Open Source.

Dodger, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  7. rajvrmxx

rajvrmxx Banned

Best Answers:
    Use Wordpress, in my opinion it will be ok to use, as you will have no problem in sharing files in that kind of server.

rajvrmxx, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is only good for serving pages in most hosting environments it is used on. It is not a file server. So in my opinion, WordPress is not a real good option.

There are other considerations besides just the CMS, such as a web host with high bandwidth to serve video files, software packages, etc. Not to mention the storage space to host the files.

Dodger, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  9. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    I echo same as Dodger.
    @rajvrmxx, could you please elaborate what kind of server you are referring and why wordpress?

radiant_luv, Jan 20, 2011 IP