1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to start a big project?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by fireurimagination, Jan 13, 2011.

Hi Guys,
    I want to start with a project which I believe has the potential to make it big, now I want to your opinion on two things

(1) I am not a programmer and to execute the project I would need to hire one, so what steps should I take to safeguard my idea, so that it doesn't get cloned or copied

(2) Should I use a two worded domain name (eg: Facebook.com) or should I get myself a LLLL.com or LLLLL.com domain name, which will be better?

fireurimagination, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  2. calvin4u

calvin4u Peon

Best Answers:
    I have Start a new project for Vaporizer product so Please Help me

calvin4u, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  3. LadySlipp3r

LadySlipp3r Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Convert your project scope into a pdf copy before sending to a provider.
    2. Secure a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Project Agreement/Contract that all files and copyrights will be yours and cannot be used by provider.

Domain names depends on the content and keywords of your website. Target the best keyword that describes your website. Two word domain is alright but for the sake of memory impact one word domain works.

HTH.

LadySlipp3r, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  4. LadySlipp3r

LadySlipp3r Peon

Best Answers:
    What particular help do you need?

You can't just post here saying "HELP" without us knowing WHY & HOW we can help you.

LadySlipp3r, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. You need to outsource different part of script to different programmer so that none of them get the idea of the website you're doing.

2.Go for LLL.com as it more easy to remember.

mentos, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  6. ploomer

ploomer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How will he put the script together? Sign contracts and you are covered if your idea is stolen, but if you are original will succeed.

ploomer, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  7. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think hiring multiple programmers would be just more confusing. Unless you are trying to create the next Paypal or really big thing, don't worry about some programmer stealing an idea. Chances are your idea is already out there somewhere and someone is already doing it (or thinking of it). It's really about promoting to get big.

With your idea, write out exactly what it is you WANT the site to do. If I were to program a really unique site, I would want to know exactly what the site will do and how it will function before I even start. I would also tell the person paying me exactly what it is I have to do (if you ask them exactly what they are doing, you can always find a 3rd party programmer to see if it would be a fair paying job or not).

mezner, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  8. Coopzie

Coopzie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know of a trusted programmer, he is currently busy doing my projects tho, but If you want I can give you his msn :)

Coopzie, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  9. Kova

Kova Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I had big, great idea, still working on it after 9 months ... and lots of time and investment.

I can tell you, if idea is not simple, nobody will take it..

You should find trustworthy programmer that you worked before, so maybe try with smaller part of that same big project, or make small project for test..

You can always go to forums like this and ask somebody for good programmer, ..

I have two, and they work amazing job. And I can tell you nobody stole a thing, .. probably cause they don't even understand idea behind site.

If they do smaller tasks, one by one, they will hard get whole idea ...

Well if you need help, hints, no problem.

I have other questions for my site, how to bring traffic to betting advice professional site, we don't have gambling site, its more investor site, adwords is problematic with such category, ..

Btw I'm interested of being a part of big projects, have plenty of ideas, so if anybody want to discuss possible partnership Im here :D

Kova, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ugh, another The Social Network movie wanabie. I'll keep my eyes open in around 12 months for the thread "I F%$K up BIG time in the start up space!!". Atleast you can position yourself as a "Guru" on how to fail and blow it all.

I seriously wouldn't even entertain the idea, unless you have a team of dedicated people. Then you're starting to look half serious, not oh yeah... we're starting up a company in the internet space, it's going to leverage cloud computing, social customer acquisition. We're going to run our whole operation out of a barn. We'll hire people from India, and pay them a $1 a day with a incentivized work structure.

Then I'm just going to pray for the best... because you know I wanna be a billionaire so FREAKING bad man!!

[video=youtube;8aRor905cCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw[/video]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    Seqqa, Jan 20, 2011 IP