1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advantages of using 100% flash content in website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by JerrickYeoh, Jan 18, 2011.

Advantages of using 100% flash content in website? Is there be troublesome with the 100% flash content in website. Or it maybe even better to get more traffic?

JerrickYeoh, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  2. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see ANY advantage with using Flash. It takes ages to load, many people don't have the plugin installed (it was the case at the radio station I worked at), most people won't have the patience to wait for it to load. Even myself, although very interested in seeing a new design, I find myself not having the patience to wait for it to load. Now, if I see something in Flash, I just close the site and never come back.

So, for a content site, do anything but Flash. This can work on a movie presentation site or something very very fancy and without too much content. For anything else, use the good old html/css and you'll have a winner. Maybe install wordpress or another CMS, some SEO plugins and see it grow.

dojodesign, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  3. iamgame

iamgame Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That depends. If it's quite a unique concept implemented in Flash, you might get good traffic. If it's going to be yet another Flash site, then better let it be Web 2-ish (JavaScript, AJAX, CSS, etc.).

iamgame, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  4. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:

Yes , i may think of it. But with the high bandwidth now. I think loading speed may not a problem anymore. Plug in also is not a problem anymore. Even Facebook Flash Game became a trend of social media. So to load a flash should not a problem anymore.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  5. mstahiri

mstahiri Peon

Best Answers:
    its may be attract someone but page loading time increased its not good that user wait for ur page opened

mstahiri, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  6. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter how good your internet speed is. ours in Romania is one of the best in the world. I've stayed for 6 months in NYC and their internet connection was a joke compared to what I have at home. I'm not talking about having to wait for 30 minutes as I'd have 4 years ago, I'm talking about not wanting to wait for 4 seconds to see something. I don't care about their design, unless it's a super duper web design firm with some amazing animation. I might then want to see how much they've stretched the flash to make something outstanding.

Most of the animated sites are crap though, with no decent effects. I really don't see why I have to wait to have a page with an image slider open, when the site can be done either static or with a CMS and have maybe 2-3 animated elements, if the designer really can't live without having something move on their site.

As for the plugin: it was 1 year ago, when I was still at the radio station and we didn't have flash installed on the browser. Because we didn't need it to check the news sites. My boss had a flash site to advertise his jazz festival and, even if I said to him "make it static or on wordpress" he was still pretty stubborn. Let's say we never could see the site from work, because we didn't have admin account on the computer and, the moment I posted an article on my blog about his festival, my article was first on Google, while his content never appeared, aside for the title of the festival that was in the site's title tag. Anything else wasn't there on Google. Any other site mentioning his festival and the musicians would appear in first positions, while he'd get traffic ONLY from the title. Nothing more. And of course the animation was lousy. he had a flash developer who doesn't know anything else, so he just kept on using the guy, since he's working for free (was his daughter BF). And constantly complained he'd never show up in Google unless you typed the title of the site and festival :D

dojodesign, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  7. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    The look i guess, and the animation, the dynamic graphic..

KimiGermany, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

Best Answers:
    Yeah.....but entertainment always need sometime to load it. That why they do need some animation of some photo show then loading the pages.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

Best Answers:

You are right, most of the 100% flash webpages i can found mostly is the webdesign business purpose or advertisement agent webpages.
    i think your boss too concentrate on web content and forget about the user .
    from the research, most of the user do not load a pages that more than 5- 10 seconds and will bounce out. Ofcourse the guy wont told how the effect of using too much flash. He keep his career safe and do not care about the traffic of the pages.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  10. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    Interactivity.Thats why many Gaming websites use 100% flash on their websites.

sitearena, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

Best Answers:
    Gaming website they have no point to use flash content. That is the must of them.
    If you gave them an black and white website.
    They will now look at it because the website din seem like a page for game also.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  12. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As mentioned above, theres nothing you can really gain from a 100% flash website. It is relatively bad for seo, focus on content rather than effects and your website will grow.

timbonitus, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  13. JerrickYeoh

Best Answers:
    I cant really get it, How it affect SEO?
    It will affect SEO ? ranking? But yet some website and can grow with 100% content.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  14. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't think of one; I can think of a big disadvantage, though - there are currently 294,898 users of the "Flashblock" Google extension and I'm one of them so you might have the best site in the world but I'd never get to see it.

Steve Marino, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  15. suleka

suleka Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted an article on my blog about his festival, my article was first on Google, while his content never appeared, aside for the title of the festival that was in the site's title tag

suleka, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  16. moneynetbus

moneynetbus Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of using flash I now use jquery, you can still get a "flashy" design without all the hassles of flash.

moneynetbus, Feb 11, 2011 IP