1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Im a 15 year old designer ! Need feedback on my website template and portfolio :)

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by junaid.k, Jan 23, 2011.

junaid.k, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  2. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very blocky, the fonts and colors are a little wierd, and your logo is too glossy. Keep it up you'll be great in a few years.

djdestruction, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  3. timmytoo

timmytoo Peon

Best Answers:
    My only piece of advice is stick with it - everyone learns at a different rate. Hit up some tutorial sites, as I find with graphic design, that replicating other peoples art work is very beneficial.

timmytoo, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  4. junaid.k

junaid.k Peon

Best Answers:
    i do sir, but i like doing my own things and making my work unique and not following other styles :)
    its ment to be blocky , and i like it that style but thanks for the feedback much appreciated

junaid.k, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  5. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, looks good and for a 15-year-old it's a great work.

andrej, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  6. Dillmando

Dillmando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like your better than a lot of the designers here :D

Dillmando, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  7. sarsy

sarsy Member

Best Answers:
    Great job keep up this

sarsy, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  8. steelfrog

steelfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nicely done. You're doing great and are a little ahead of me when I was 15, that's for certain. Keep it up and you'll do great. If you're looking for a little constructive criticism, here are a few things I'd watch out for:

• Extra padding in your "services" and "contact" areas would do some good, especially near the left edge.
    • Facebook should never be the main contact solution. E-mail should also have priority and you should try to use so that people remember your name.
    • The menu at the bottom of your page feels a little out of place. Often times, I find that simple text-based links in footers provide the best bang for buck since most users will be scrolling back up to use the menu anyhow.
    • The "Hire me now" button could use a little polish. I see it all purple rather than black which tends to blend into the background too much. You want to provide emphasis on that.
    • On the contact form, you say "Contact us" and then say "I will". This will confuse users. If you're doing it on your own, there's really no harm in saying "Contact me". Don't try to show yourself off as a company. Rather, sell yourself as a capable individual.

steelfrog, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  9. logorain

logorain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I across your website design and I can say that you have done an awesome work..

I like your logo.. And, if you have any idea of modification, I would suggest you to separate your designs according to the category in the showcase bar..

That will be fine and it will be convenient to know about your style in each category.. :)

All the best

logorain, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  10. aph

aph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Your site/portfolio could use a little polishing, but that all comes with time. At 15, you're in great shape. As a 25 year old professional graphic designer, I am impressed. Within a few years, you'll be really good! Keep at it!

I agree to stick with it. But replicating the artwork of others? Uh, no. Not at all. You want to be unique, you want to be able to 'sell' yourself based on your own style and technique. Don't follow, take charge and lead yourself using your own skills and talent.

+1!

aph, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  11. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    not bad if your just starting out

Richie_Ni, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  12. Green Arrow Design

Green Arrow Design Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks pretty good for your age. Stick with it and you will do fine.

Green Arrow Design, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  13. cristiano18

cristiano18 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, but keep working hard!

cristiano18, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  14. kevin.truong

kevin.truong Peon

Best Answers:
    It's really great , i have just learn something from you , thank you very much

kevin.truong, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  15. flexorbits

flexorbits Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome work in all! Keep up the good work, you have some wonderful color senses and great respect to Font sizes and arrangements.

Even though they are templates, alignments are great and the colors chosen are giving a good appeal for the website.

I know you would have thought about certain params during the design, but still wanted to ask:
    1. What screen resolution did you design this for? coz my 1024x768 had a lot of scrolling, hence this question
    2. Usage of all caps for the menu and one liner may look good, but will the readability reduce if we use all caps on content? for eg: "copyright statement" "Design names in portfolio pages like, Ray of Sun, Drake etc"
    3. Error message "pls enter a valid email ID" would be better positioned on the top of the form, any reason of why you would place it to the bottom?
    4. Specially liked the Crisp "How it works?", it gives clarity as to what to expect and what the customers will get. Cool idea! Would give more impact if you place it on other pages too. I know apt place is the contact page, but I thought, since it is a killer tool, we should place it other places too, so that people do NOT hesitate to go to the contact page. I believe if a customer visits your contact page, he is half sold already.
    5. The basic purpose of the website it to "Get Hired", I would think the "Hire me NOW' button would be better placed on the top portion of the page. Any specific reason of why you would place it below and the visitors have to scroll to reach it?

These are some of the questions that came to my mind, also how I would do, if given a chance (but I am not insisting in any way).

Thanks and keep up your good work

flexorbits, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  16. kellyjoel

kellyjoel Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it....

kellyjoel, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  17. seositelist

seositelist Peon

Best Answers:
    15 years old, and can do those all?
    You're awesome!

Nice work, buddy!

seositelist, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  18. ea1thy

ea1thy Member

Best Answers:
    I see lack of coordination and no main idea at all, but it comes with experience.

ea1thy, Jan 31, 2011 IP