1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with Filing Taxes in US for Affiliate Website Money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by deankeen44, Jan 25, 2011.

Hey Guys,

Hope someone can help me out here. I'm 18 and I made approx $8200 on cpalead.com and another approx $3300 with Google Adsense this past year.

According to Google (If I'm reading this right), I need to fill out this W9 form http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf and I believe I have to send it back to Google. Is this correct? Then what do I send to the government (state and federal)? I am in Wisconsin, USA.

Also, I talked with someone at CPALead who said they don't really help with tax stuff... so what do I fill out to send to the government for my CPALead earnings?

Keep in mind that I do not have a job currently in addition to earning from these two sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
    DK

deankeen44, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think you need to fill in a W-9, as of last year i know of.

On your adsense account, you need to enter your SSN.
    Then Google would send you a 1099 by mail. You can report this earning when you file the return.

This year I havent got any 1099 from google yet.

webcosmo, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  3. deankeen44

deankeen44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response! So you have done this before and they always mail it out to you? Here is what they say on their site:

United States (U.S.) publishers are required to submit Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form W-9, for which a U.S. tax I.D. such as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) is needed.

This form is available online within your AdSense publisher account. You can complete and sign the form electronically. Google uses industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your tax I.D. and other personal information.

IRS form W-9 (.pdf) can be viewed at the IRS website for your reference.

They don't say anything about mailing to you, right? And how should I go about reporting my CPALead earnings?

Thanks!

deankeen44, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  4. dyorn

dyorn Member

Best Answers:
    Both companies should have had you fill something out with your taxpayer identification number (social security number in most cases) before they paid you more than $600.
    Make sure they do have the information they need to report your earnings to the IRS as I believe the IRS can fine you $50 for not providing the information to the companies if they asked for it.
    Both companies should send you a 1099 with the information on it you need to file your tax return.
    They are only required to be postmarked by January 31, so you might not get them until February.

dyorn, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked to make sure. Yes you are right, you can fill in the W-9 on their website. If you have a EIN you can use that, or you can enter your SSN. W-9 is nothing but collecting your tax ID (SSN or EIN etc) so they can report it to irs.

And I am positive they mail out the 1099. I always have it mailed to me.

webcosmo, Jan 25, 2011 IP