1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your biggest hurdle of starting your own online business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 20kwealth, Jan 27, 2011.

I would like to find out which of the 4 main factors mentioned below affect you making money online and starting your own online business. With your valuable feedback, i can provide more of such resources and tips so that we can learn and share with each other, thanks.

Money

Time

Knowhow

Motivation

20kwealth, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think fear of unsucceding ...
    And lack of skills ..

w3bmaster, Jan 28, 2011 IP
    mentos likes this.
  3. BigMediaBlogging

BigMediaBlogging Peon

Best Answers:
    None of them are an hurdle, as long as your niche is researhed and you know it will work then your fine.

BigMediaBlogging, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree. Fear of failure is certainly my largest roadblock and I would guess it is a substantial hurdle for someone starting any type of business, online or otherwise.

Phooey, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  5. outofphaze

outofphaze Peon

Best Answers:
    1)research
    2)invest
    3)work hard
    4)succeed , or fail , and step 1
    I've failed couple of times, then had some successes, learned some things, and going on and on :)

outofphaze, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  6. davidchow

davidchow Peon

Best Answers:
    Time is of essence when you really want to succeed online. As the saying goes "time is gold" you have to put on a lot of effort and invest a lot of your time when doing business online. But then thats only in the beginning. After that you'll reap the benefits and can autopilot most of the tasks.

davidchow, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  7. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money has been one the other is sourcing the minimum quantities I need to start manufacturing my products to sell to niche market that I'm targeting

muffet, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  8. Sadia Qaseem

Sadia Qaseem Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree but know how effects as well.

Sadia Qaseem, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  9. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Knowhow

A lot of people are bombarded with all these easy way to make money online and at the end they just get confused and still haven't learned a single thing. This is also why lot of them give up so easily.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  10. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    Assuming that you have a good and potentially profitable idea in the first place, the biggest hurdle is generally a lack of either time or money. An infinite supply of either and you'll have no problems.

Steve Marino, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  11. Zachmo

Zachmo Peon

Best Answers:
    -being not confident with your niche and techniques
    -lack of time and skills

Zachmo, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  12. 20kwealth

20kwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree that fear of failure is a major hurdle as it prevents u from taking the 1st step. Some feel that u should fail fast and often,just like those guys in the web startups. Of course for me when i was just starting out, i had to overcome the failure barrier and actually look to the so called "gurus" who could show me the way. This gives me confidence to take the 1st step...

20kwealth, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  13. Tyler_S

Tyler_S Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest hurdle for me personally when I first started would of had to of been my self esteem and what I myself, thought of the company. At first I thought that it wasn't really going to succeed and that I would just fail at it. Really low stuff. But when I finally got my head out of the dirt and said "I can make this work", and started to create and redesign my company's image to not what I wanted, or thought that it needed. But to what the client wanted...stuff started to change. My advise would be to mold your company into what your client's would need and expect from you, not what you expect from them.

Also, alot of time, money and hard work (lots of hours). And just when you are about to throw in the towel, don't. I didn't and now I am so glad I didn't.

Tyler_S, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  14. 20kwealth

20kwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    so you think having a well researched niche and believing in yourself and your approach will overcome all the 4 factors? How about competition? especially with the bigger and more established guys? I am currently working on a outsourcing related online business and got into fierce competition.

20kwealth, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  15. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many people I'd meet tell me that money is their main problem.

I advise them to get loan from bank and some of them who did as I told is success today.

While some that think its too risky to borrow from bank and they now still poor.

mentos, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  16. frenchtoast

frenchtoast Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess it can be an accumulation of all 4. I suppose you are wary of spending money at first as you are not sure if you will see a reward/return fro it. Time isnt much of a hurdle as long as you have the motivation to work at it, which brings another one of your points into the equation (motivation). Knowhow can sometimes slow things down but the internet is so vast now and with lots of information available and lots of forums, it is easy to learn new things and ask advice. All 4 areas as well as knowledge about your products/subject are all key to your success.

frenchtoast, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  17. arunthe

arunthe Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    i think many problem but money is main problem
    investment
    hard working

arunthe, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  18. nshadab

nshadab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in india...it's the Govt SYSTEM you have to grapple with first...corruption is everywhere...

nshadab, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  19. blinky29

blinky29 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is it that you do that are succeeding with in making money online? Can you share, b/c I am very interested.

blinky29, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  20. 20kwealth

20kwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    The beauty of an online business is you can start with little or no money. Though for absolute beginner I would advise coming up with a profitable idea or niche and testing it out before forking out any money. Once there is little profit made, could be a cent to a dollar, then i think you can start considering a small investment to kickstart your online business. This is basically how I started out.

20kwealth, Feb 8, 2011 IP