1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOw can i convert a layer into shape

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by kooldesigning, Jan 28, 2011.

I have a round shape rectangle draw in layer.
    Is there any way to convert the layer into shape so i can re-size round shape rectangle without disturbing it's circular corners ?

If there is no way to convert a layer into shape. How can i re-size round shape rectangle layer ?

kooldesigning, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  2. AHEINC

AHEINC Peon

Best Answers:
    round shape rectangle - do you mean a rectangle with round corners?

If so, you can just right click and rasterize the layer and corners will stay the same when resizing.

AHEINC, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  3. kooldesigning

kooldesigning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Correct, a rectangle with round corners

But

if we re-size a rectangle with round corners in LAYER it will disturb the corners.
    If we re-size a rectangle with round corners in SHAPE it wont.

My problem is: i need to re-size a rectangle with round corners in LAYER without disturbing it's corners

kooldesigning, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. ea1thy

ea1thy Member

Best Answers:
    Convert to Smart Object so it will behave as a vector and resizing won't affect rounded corners.

ea1thy, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  5. Skyreach-

Skyreach- Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't take his advice, he has no idea what he's talking about.
    You DO NOT want to rasterize your shape, in fact, you want to do the exact opposite.
    Make a vector, this keeps it's quality when resizing.

Skyreach-, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. webgain

webgain Guest

Best Answers:
    yes.. agree with this answer.

webgain, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  7. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest the following steps to convert your Round Cornered Rectangle into resizeable shape using Photoshop shapes (if your "Round Cornered Rectangle" do not have any blending options/effect applied on it (that is if it is having a plain colour)):

(1) Open your document in photoshop.
    (2) In tool box, set the foreground colour swatch to that of your Round Cornered Rectangle's colour.
    (3) Select Rounded Rectangle Tool (location of tool in the toolbox : below text tool "T").
    (4) Enable option "Shape Layers" from the top Options Bar (The options are Shape Layers/Paths/Fill Pixels. You need to choose "Shape Layers").
    (5) Type required Radius Size (In pixel) (according to your Round Cornered Rectangle on the stage) in Radius field in the top Option Bar. (A 5 pixel radius will give smooth round corners)
    (6) Drag your mouse on top of your original Round Cornered Rectangle on stage to match the width and height of it. There is no need to create separate layer. shapes will automatically create new layers.
    (7) If required apply blending options.

Graphics designed using "Shapes" can be enlarged to any size with no loss in quality. :)

ramakrishna p, Feb 4, 2011 IP