1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling eBook: Is it really worth trying?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sylar48, Jan 29, 2011.

Hi there,

I just want to know that lots of people trying sell ebooks online and do they really make money? I am asking this because an ebook idea has got into my mind and do you think? I should give it a try or do something else to make money?

If you are selling an ebook, I would extremely like to hear your experiences with selling ebooks?

Thanks.

sylar48, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  2. yourpaldan

yourpaldan Peon

Best Answers:
    HI there!
    I used to teach seminars on the Law of Attraction. (Before the movie the Secret came out.) I just took my workbook and turned it into a PDF. My website does ok for getting traffic, but I haven't sold a whole bunch. I am in the process now of re-marketing everything. My biggest issue is that books on this topic are a dime-a-dozen now. But if you have a truly unique idea for a book it should do well. Remember the biggest industries on the web are making money and "adult" topics...

yourpaldan, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  3. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    It takes a lot of work and focus, but it can be done. I've dabbled in ebooks and sold a few but it hasn't been as lucrative as affiliate marketing and adsense for me, so I haven't pursued it very heavily, what I do know is that it takes work and really excellent copy writing skills.

guineapirate, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  4. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen many e books go with quick sales. They had to be reviewed good and most were like 45 pages. I would start there. Its defiantly possible.

securesite, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  5. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can find people to promote your eBook to their lists and good affiliates, you can sell a lot of eBooks. But just remember you need more products/services to offer as one eBook doesn't equal a profitable long-term business.

Good luck!

Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  6. Restin

Restin Member

Best Answers:
    I tried, but wasn't succesful.

My advice - choose topic of book wisely, sell only high-quality books and offer good support for customers (additional information, video guide etc).

Restin, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  7. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have an idea which isn't already covered by other eBooks, especially paid ones, then you can make money. I've made money selling eBooks - Not at this forum though, yet. But I'm sure I will. Just put some time and effort into your books, and if they have good content that is original, people will be sure to buy it.

EvanP, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes people have made 10's of millions selling self help information products.

Seqqa, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its profitable business but you're too late.

Now day if you're reselling other people ebook then forget about it. The profit margin is high but the sales is extremely low.

But if you write the ebook your own,then its another case which you can make million from it.

mentos, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  10. dyorn

dyorn Member

Best Answers:
    An ebook is just a start to a sales funnel.

You need other products or offers to present to your buyers if you want to make some good money.

Upsells, one time offers, affiliate offers for other people's products are all good places to start.

The first step though should be an email list. You should start building a list right now, especially of buyers. Your own list will be invaluable to your business.

An ebook is a great way to get people onto your list. The hardest sale to make to someone is the first one. Repeat customers are the key to any business no matter what you are selling.

dyorn, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  11. labraintellekt

labraintellekt Peon

Best Answers:
    @dyorn thanks for sharing. one way to start is to sell to your close friends and tell your friends to recommend it to your friends

labraintellekt, Feb 1, 2011 IP