1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$1/month subscription: Would you subscribe?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Investophant, Feb 1, 2011.

Hi there, today I am just doing some market research!

To keep it simple: What kind of subscription (paid monthly automatically through PayPal) would you subscribe to, if the amount was $1 every month?

What would have to be in this subscription to make you think: "Oh, for a dollar a month this seems cool!"

I appreciate all feedback, more than you know! :) Thanks!

Investophant, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will subscript for hosting for $1/month

mentos, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm the owner of blogengage and recently starred getting many customers to my rss service for their blogs. Not that I want to create competition for myself but just so you know people will buy many things online. if you can prove their is something in return for the money they will be happy. I have about 55 happy customers now. My prices are as follows, 1.99, 3.99, 4.99, 9.99 and 19.99

bbrian017, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  4. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see! Thanks for the advice. Is there some advice on how to make it better for "Average Joes" and not Internet marketers/bloggers? What kind of service/subscription would make normal internet users pay the $1/month fee? :)

Thanks!

5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Normally people will subscribe to things where they're getting more value than they are paying for, always a good idea to over deliver. Just makes good business. If you're delivering $4 worth of value every months for whatever your service or product is then people will stay long term if they continue to see the value that you are delivering to them.

Seqqa, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seqqa, I think you're absolutely right. I'm definately looking for something that creates the "For $1 a month this is awesome!"-kind of thinking for the user. That's why I want to have a zillion ideas thrown at me, to get a good brainstorming going. I've thought about giving away like, one backlink per day for as long as the user is subscribing - but this is not applicable for normal Internet users, only to Internet marketers and bloggers.

7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just as another pointer, you may also want increase your price or play around with different pricing models. You'll notice that a lot of large companies offer 30 day free trials, it's because this type of model works because giving your customer 30 days to try your service takes the risk out of it for them. I think you'll find that your traffic to sales ratio will in increase if you did something like, 30 days free trial and then maybe $1.95 every month after. But you can try either way.

Another good idea is instead of directly selling off the site get people to join a mailing list, and then sell them your continuity programs on the back end. Then not only are you building your continuity program you're also building a list of buyers and double opt-in's.

Seqqa, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    If you price it too low it will be perceived to have little value.

MayaLocke, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  9. Terpentin01

Terpentin01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that $1 subscriptions seem always very cheap.....it triggers the thought that something this good is maybe to good to be true and the customer will not subscribe. Though it depends on what you are selling.

I have made the experience that the user spends more money with reasonable prices.

Terpentin01, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  10. jackqs

jackqs Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is something useful then yes, usually $1 subscriptions are just trial offers.

jackqs, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  11. exilonv

exilonv Peon

Best Answers:
    something worth more than $1 lol. But nowdays most services or "stuff" u can buy don't cost $1. So in all, $1 for something pretty useful is probably something i wouldn't mind taking a look at. Kinda like the apple appstore

exilonv, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  12. DaDreamer

DaDreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont mind going for it, if its worth $1 :p

DaDreamer, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  13. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any examples of things worth subscribing for? I'm really looking for something that can be done passively, that will also add value to the user!

14. Skwerl

Skwerl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    youre suppose to think of the product first. not the other way around...

Skwerl, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  15. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's the thing though - I am trying to create kind of a brainstorming, and a thread here full of ideas! I am not trying to sell you anything :)

16. dyorn

dyorn Member

Best Answers:
    The issue wouldn't be what people would pay $1 for, it would be whether or not you really want to sell a $1 product.

Low price products tend to be a customer service nightmare.

The higher the price of something, the better quality of customer you tend to get.

You need to find the price point/customer service level that you can deal with.

dyorn, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  17. Pickuplines4dummies.com

Pickuplines4dummies.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You could sell 10 buyer leads for $1 a month. With all the information someone would need to make a sale.

18. Ella Marie

Ella Marie Peon

Best Answers:
    Select a market, find out what they are interested in and what sort of amounts of money they are already spending elsewhere then make them similar offers but with added value - either one off products or continuity.

To try to think of something you can sell for $1 a month to an unknown market is doing it the wrong way round. Or do you already have a market in mind?

Ella Marie, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  19. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    iF you provide great info/tools/resources for getting traffic/earning money online .... then i asure you will have plenty of subscrivers again REAL VALUE not those crap programes promising 500$/day earnings ../

w3bmaster, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  20. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What would you think about giving away up-to-date SEO ebooks, and other up-to-date ebooks on making money online and related topics? Perhaps giving away an ebook every week?

Investophant, Feb 2, 2011 IP