1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can affiliates marketing still easily make more than $10K profit per month?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tradester, Feb 10, 2011.

Like for eg. you sign up and become affiliate of affiliate programs like Amazon, Commission Junction, ebay etc. and then promote affiliate links all over place. More likely you end up making peanuts like tens or hundreds of dollars per mth.
    Is it easy to make $xx,xxx profit per mth ? :)

tradester, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not easy. You need to build lots of sites with lots of original content. You need drive lots of traffic onto these sites.

It's possible to make $xx,xxx profit per month but will take lots of hard work and dedication.

nihangshah, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  3. dyorn

dyorn Member

Best Answers:
    If you really want to make that much with affiliate sales then you need to stop trying to push the sites and products that only pay you pennies.

Its a lot easier to make 100 sales a month that gain you $100 each than it is to make 10,000 sales that get you $1 each.

To get to $10,000 as an affiliate you need to concentrate on high ticket items, items with a larger sale price, that pay more to you for each sale.

And then, as nihangshah stated, you need lots of sites with lots of original content to get you a lot of traffic.

Its all a numbers game, you need to get the numbers in your favor and affiliate programs that only pay a few dollars won't get it done.

dyorn, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse, there's "affiliate marketing" companies pulling in over $100,000 a day. Examples of these are.

1) www.top10.com
    2) www.comparethemarket.com
    3) www.retailmenot.com

Just to name a few and there's thousands out there.

Tip: Notice how all long term successful companies are 'branded'. Don't just create a website, create a brand and a business that serves a real economic purpose.

Seqqa, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  5. digisellerinc

digisellerinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with dyorn.You have to spend a lot of time in marketing.It would be much better if you can outsource other tasks like seo,article marketing etc and just hire virtual assistant.There's no easy money unless you have a very interesting product.You also need to build reputation and trust.

digisellerinc, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    Great points! It definitely helps if you find a high paying program. But volume can also have an impact. If you're targeting high traffic niche, you could make $10 per sale (instead of $100) and still make more due to higher conversions. Like you said... it's a numbers game.

It's definitely possible for affiliates to make $10,000+ per month... but it's not easy! You might get lucky with a very profitable niche or excellent search engine positions, but it usually takes hard work to create (and maintain) the big numbers. You have to stay on top of your product / niche, stay up-to-date with SEO, update and improve your website, etc. Not easy... but it can be very profitable if you put in the work...

bigznet, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think Affiliate is much "eassy" to earn money since with Adsense you can make 100$ with 10 k traffic but in affiliates with 10k good traffic you maybe can earn 2k and more ...

But it's not easy but what's wrong with earning only 3k/month from a website ? is that to low few money ?

w3bmaster, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  8. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone knows how to make an easy $10,000 per month, please let me know.

Steve Marino, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  9. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The examples you mentioned are affiliate program companies (who have their own products) rather than affiliates. I am referring to affiliates/ resellers of affiliate programs. Like small sites that sign up for Amazon affiliate program and resell Amazon products.

Yes I would like to know also :)

tradester, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong, none of those these companies has their own product. They sell the leads and sales to other companies, that's an real affiliate business. Small sites make no money online, you've just answered your own question with including the word "small" into your sentence. I guess what you call a site that makes no money and what I call a site that makes no money will differ a lot, from a matter of personal opinion.

Amazon is a high volume low margin company and can't offer very high commissions. Therefore if you are looking to make large affiliate commissions with Amazon, you're looking in the totally wrong place unless you can transfer large volumes of warmed up traffic through your affiliate links.

Personally I think it's a waste of time, but you do whatever you like.

Seqqa, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  11. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible, no doubt. But the reason most people fail at doing it is the barrier to enter is soo incredibly low that most don't consider it as a real business.

Compare this with a brick 'n mortar business and you'll end up paying up to 100k or more just to get started, that'll probably be a nice sum of money of your own in there. Now you've got something to lose.

A website on the other hand costs 10 dollars and a few dollars a month in hosting, you won't lose a lot if you don't actually put in any effort.

My advice is to focus, focus real hard on your plan and don't jump from opportunity to opportunity. You can always diversify when you're earning a lot of money, but for now, get your focus on your plan.

The other thing you'll need is desire to actually do it and really want it as much as you want to breath. Know the feeling when someone holds you underwater or you're too deep underwater without oxygen tanks and REALLY need to get some air? That WANT for oxygen is how much you want your business to succeed.

jobic, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  12. KenDockins

KenDockins Active Member

Best Answers:
    On this very same note, I am very interested in hearing your comments on EXACTLY how you suggest going about the process of, or utilizing a reliable system to, generate affiliate income rather quickly and effectively.

I surely agree with the first two comments here, that is it no EASY job, yet I am still so highly motivated by those "very few" guru types who pull the top dollars on a daily basis... you know the names like, Andew, Brad, Hitesh, Jennifer, Travis, etc.

My thinking is that, even if we "intermediate" marketers can implement THEIR systems at merely 10% productivity, that would indeed be a very satisfying ongoing income experience.

Yet, mostly, what they TELL you to do proves in the real world to be highly cumbersome, flawed, or unachievable.

Any comments on this point of how to reliably generate affiliate income effectively plus quickly?

===
    ===

KenDockins, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  13. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^^ the problem with a LOT of "gurus" is that a lot of them are in the business of selling you ebooks/courses/seminars etc. That's where most are earning most of their money. The same goes for those "big-shot" real estate "gurus" who go on and on about the values of real estate and sure real estate is a decent way to make some money, but a lot of those guys earn most of their income (if not all in some cases) by doing public speaking events, selling their courses, seminars and books.

A lot of their "methods" can work, it's just your job to NOT think of them as methods, but as a business plan. There's a lot of talk these days about this and that but few gurus actually get out there and do.

I've seen people sell a course on how to make a big list of e-mailsubscribers in no time flat!!! But that entire list was built to sell the course and those people he's talking about in the course where the potential people who've bought or were interested in that course.

That doesn't mean his "method" won't work for you, but I'm just saying. Loads of them are all talk and fail to do the walk.

A simple review site can earn you a few thousands a month if you manage to get into the first page of google for a few different products that get searches.
    An informational website/blog that promotes a few VALUABLE products that people can actually use and actually works will do well if you get targeted traffic.

it isn't hard to succeed, you can do this without a website even, but it just takes hard work. It's simple but takes work to actually do it and that's why a lot of people fail. As Dyorn said above it is a good idea to chose products that have a high payout, but I think you can also succeed with low payouts. It all depends on how much traffic you've got, how much they trust you and how your conversion rates lie (although this relies mainly on how much your visitors actually trust you)

If you want your affiliate income to be reliable and steady, you need to provide value to your visitors and make sure you don't offer garbage to them, that's the quickest way to make sure your visitors will look the other way next time you decide to promote something. And when you're getting sales, and people are liking it, see how you can make that product better and offer that to them instead of a product you don't own and offer other people affiliate commissions.

Just put in the work and you'll get there and when you're there, you'll see it was really simple but it takes effort. If it didn't take effort it wasn't just me and possibly you making money but everybody and that would mean thousands more in terms of people who are in competition with us. Not making it any easier for us then.

Now I don't believe in lack and know "abundance" is everywhere, but look at it this way, if every business in your state/city was a plumber, it would start getting hard for any plumber to differentiate themselves and those who can stand apart will get all the business. Same goes for websites, so although I do like competition, I wouldn't want everybody to know what I know and I like how lots of people are simply too lazy to put in the hours and work needed to succeed.

But maybe I'm just a mad hoot rambling absolute nonsense sitting in a hot air balloon crossing the Pacific Ocean and maybe there's a silver bullet the next guru has conveniently found and is willing to share it with the not so fortunate us for $97. Although a tiny piece of madness inside me wonders why he'd sell us the ... silver ... bullet for $97. Eh the sea air might be getting to me, or might it be the fumes from the hot air balloon that are driving me bonkers.

jobic, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  14. Keiser

Keiser Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have 100 sites and each site makes an average of $3 per day, then you are making 9,000 per month. 30x$3 = $90 x 100 = $9000.

Is it really that hard to make $3 per day from a website?

Keiser, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  15. apollo23

apollo23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Usually such model is base on Adsense and eventually big G will close that account. If you have such intention to run this sort of business model, make sure you sign up with other text link ads.

apollo23, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  16. fxtradeblog

fxtradeblog Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible but not easy. you need to become proffesional, learn a lot and gather some experience in order to make real money in affiliate marketing.

fxtradeblog, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  17. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    How hard is it to make a website that earns 30 a day? Not that much harder and you'd need 10 times less websites and you'd have 10 times less work in terms of seo, promotion, content creation etc.

Hell, 1 website earning 300 a day is possible, will take much more work, but still. Or you could spread the risk and build 3 websites and aim for 100 a day, that way if one earns a little less that day then it isn't that bad because the other ones will still be earning

jobic, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  18. Keiser

Keiser Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are the adsense rules that stop you from doing this? I did not know that Adsense only allows you to run on a low number of sites? Is that true?

Keiser, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  19. edits

edits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll join the queue for that one

edits, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  20. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Member

Best Answers:
    who said you it is easy ?

I just wondering why you as this question. It is very hard to do it!

f5mtadas, Mar 1, 2011 IP