1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to make my own cms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by abhikala1, Feb 25, 2011.

hello webmasters,

i have made my site in html. Now i need a cms through which i can update my content, edit pages, through a wysiwyg editor. if some one else wants to do this task even with no coding knowledge can do editing.
    i will not be able to use cms like wp joomla because perhaps if i use those i will not be able to use my template{correct me if i am wrong here}

if any one have any idea about how to achieve this please reply me.
    Thanks.

abhikala1, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  2. KevinACrider

KevinACrider Member

Best Answers:
    You will have far better luck making your template work with WordPress than you will have coding a custom CMS to work with your template.

KevinACrider, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  3. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can convert your current html template into Drupal / wordpress / Joomla template.

aap, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. jefferson123

jefferson123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it’s better to use an existing content management system. That be easier for you and will bring effective results while you working on your site.

jefferson123, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  5. Directory Vortex

Directory Vortex Peon

Best Answers:
    I made many templates and few CMS-es and from my experience making/converting template of any kind is far more easier than making a CMS, even the simple one. My suggestion would be to use WP, as there are tons of templates already available, and you can easily modify the one you like and it pretty good CMS that will probably satisfy all your needs. Should you need some added functionality, there are plenty of plugins to help you out.
    Although if you decide to build a CMS, the easiest way would be to use a framework - if you are into PHP, maybe you should take a look at CakePHP, it definitely works for me, but bear in mind that it's not an easy task.

Directory Vortex, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Use the right tool for the job. Don't try to change the job to fit the tool.
    Just use an existing CMS and learn how to create themes that work on it.
    If you have to ask how to create a CMS, then you don't have enough knowledge to do it, and no one can teach you in a forum post.

hmansfield, Mar 8, 2011 IP