1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much are you earning by selling links on your websites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by irule272, Feb 26, 2011.

Before, I'm not really aware of links selling and blog post links selling from websites and I thought it was just a waste of time because I can only get small income from it. I 1st learned how to make money online by the help of 3rd party companies like Google and other affiliate companies and I haven't really got some interest on selling some space of my websites by selling links.

One of my website have a high PR way back before and some of its page have PR3 at least but I haven't really use it or even have interest to share its PR juice to other. So this February I decided and started to sell some space of that website and let it rent by other web masters thru link selling. I'm surprised how much income I got from it and how fast you'll be able to earn from it.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of web master here who are earning good money from it. Anyone here wants to share their experience? How did you start? How many websites you guys have? Any Tips? And an estimate on how much you guys are earning from selling links alone?

Thanks! :)

irule272, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At one point i sold links and got like 3k i had in that period like 10 sites and sold links for 50-60-120 For 6 months - 12 months period

w3bmaster, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  3. Clutch Technology

Clutch Technology Peon

Best Answers:
    You're gonna have to have a fairly busy site to ever make money off sold links. Not many companies will buy banner space without proven unique daily customers and they will drop off after your first contract with them if their sales/membership do not go up. It's a very difficult money making business.

Clutch Technology, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  4. OpportunityLOL

OpportunityLOL Peon

Best Answers:
    I made like $30 posting two links on my blog but I dunno if it's worth it to me as a one-off opportunity.

OpportunityLOL, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I only have 3 website that average PR ia 3.

Normally I sell the link as monthly basic such as $20/month

mentos, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  6. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the target market isn't just the company that offers sales/membership. I found it best to sell links to those webmasters also who're going to juice up from your PR. They normally rent it for 6 months basis or a year which you'll be able to have good income if you have high PRed websites.

irule272, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  7. floydspence956

floydspence956 Peon

Best Answers:
    i can get $15 / month link
    that depend on pagerank/backlink/visitor

floydspence956, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  8. rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am also earning from the same way but my rates are very cheap.my website has page rank-5, and sell single link for $5 per month. And blog post for $5 with double backlinks. Even though my webblog is do-follow web-blog not a lots or persons are interested in that :(

rakesh kumar, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  9. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would sell them cheap, the way I personally look at it is use the links to generate funds to simply cover the cost of the domain/hosting, if you can get more than that, fair game. Also going by this, anything else you make from the site will be pure profit.

I haven't yet developed a site enough where I would feel comfortable to start selling links.

Scoty, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  10. GloriflyStudios

GloriflyStudios Peon

Best Answers:
    To make any significant amount of money selling links, you'll generally need at least a PR4 or PR5. A PR6 or higher can generate hundreds per link, assuming it's high-traffic.

GloriflyStudios, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  11. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With 5 sites ranging from PR 3 to PR 5 you could easily make $500-1000/month

A lot of it has to do with the reason behind the link buying... if webmasters are buying to drive traffic then you might have a harder time selling, but if they are buying for SEO then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Be careful though, if you overdo it, you could end up losing the PR that keeps your prices high (if you get a ban or penalized)

itsme, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  12. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely true!

I'm still studying 1st and will invest on this business once I learn every aspects and factors of it.

irule272, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  13. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those that are selling links should be quiet about it. Why? What if google bans your site?

ForgottenCreature, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  14. markgmktg

markgmktg Peon

Best Answers:
    How much your make per links or per advertisement on your website varies widely from how many uniques your website gets, how many pageviews, which niche, how targeted the traffic is and all that stuff. If you know that data about your website then you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

markgmktg, Mar 5, 2011 IP