1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much social network helps for keyword ranking?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by moumitaghosh, Mar 29, 2011.

Now a days social networking is very much used for getting traffic. But I am still confused with a question that how much social networking is helpful for keyword ranking.

moumitaghosh, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  2. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think much,since most have no follow up, it depends which social netwok, as long as it doesn't have no follow up.

shahab6, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  3. vinith98

vinith98 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not much for ranking, most of the links go unnoticed as they are nofollow, but if done correctly they can get you a lot of traffic.

vinith98, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  4. moumitaghosh

moumitaghosh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think visitors increase website value. The keywords are always with the website. So if website value is increased then automatically keywords value will be increased.

moumitaghosh, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  5. christianle

christianle Peon

Best Answers:
    a great answer. thank you.

christianle, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  6. epixeltech

epixeltech Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networking always help in increase traffic to your site.once the traffic increase than automatically that landing page keywords popularity increase...

epixeltech, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of us here believe that social networking sites do not help much with traffic as well as ranking for the site. Well let me tell you guys that you need to have a lot of patience for such kind of procedure. Only after, more than 6 months, I have started getting my 50% of traffic and rankings for my blog from social networking sites. It doesnot matter whether they are do-follow or no-follow links, till the fact that atleast they are links. Yes I would say networking sites have given me tremendous amount of help to boost my keyword ranking for my blog. The only thing is you have to use your keywords smartly in title as well as in the content. Also remember to do cross bookmarking in these sites for more traffic. ;)
    Hope this helps !!

China_girl, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  8. Alina Tru

Alina Tru Member

Best Answers:
    According to my experience, Social networking sites only provides traffic for site. But I am not sure about keyword ranking.

Alina Tru, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  9. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate, you can't believe that how social networking site helps for keyword ranking.

Let me give you an example, how many hours you spent in facebook? I spent more than 3 hours per day and in my city I guess there are approximately 10000 users are using facebook at same time. So can you guess how many clicks will you get in one hours from social networking site-facebook.

Thanks

rising_sun, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  10. vnsmith

vnsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    social network is basically not use for keyword ranking but for good traffic. And having a good traffic means that you can have good rankings

vnsmith, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  11. Sachinsinghnegi

Sachinsinghnegi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, Social Networking through unique click effect on keyword's ranking. But not much, you can say you have to depend on on page then off page activity. unique click inrease your traffic and some time keyword ranking.

Sachinsinghnegi, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  12. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    My point is this: The amount of content is only a small factorization in the equation of search engine ranking. Content is much like butter on toast, milk in cereal, or sugar in coffee. Content really only adds flavor to a page. And with keyword ranking, it’s your job to figure out the ingredients needed to make toast, cereal, and coffee. After you do that, then you’ll know exactly how much butter, milk, and suger to add.

stevenyoung, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  13. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    To my knowledge.... Social Networking doesn't help your keyword ranking. However, it does helps your pages to get indexed & identified by the search engines.

PromoDirect, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  14. Paul Okselenko

Paul Okselenko Peon

Best Answers:
    All social networks value links like nofollow, so it's just a matter of traffic. If your friends will love these links - you'll have traffic and vise versa.

Paul Okselenko, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  15. tentimes

tentimes Peon

Best Answers:
    A thorough explanation as usual China_girl. ty

tentimes, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  16. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me social networking sites increase the traffic but usually have no follow links but in some Cases Google can crawl your website through the social networking site that may help you in ranking..

showkatahmad, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  17. andre01

andre01 Member

Best Answers:
    according to me it is beneficial for increase the traffic towards your site

andre01, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  18. andre01

andre01 Member

Best Answers:
    According to me social networking sites increase the traffic but usually have no follow links but in some Cases Google can crawl your website through the social networking site that may help you in ranking

andre01, Mar 31, 2011 IP