1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie with some questions about networking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Dav Fernado, Mar 30, 2011.

Sorry about these ignorant questions. I'm all new to social networking; what if I find a user on twitter or facebook, which is a perfect target; how do i get his/her attention? In twitter using the @reply is that an acceptable method? and how effective? is it spamming? what about Facebook, sending frequent messages to strangers could get you in trouble; right?

Dav Fernado, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  2. sebasago

sebasago Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, frequent messages to people who aren't really your friends or asking for them could result in the messages being marked as spam.

I'm not too familiar with Twitter. I've always just used it to talk about what I've done and what I can offer. People who are interested will just follow organically.

sebasago, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  3. vbn

vbn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you even get a warning message like "Do you know this person?" when you add to many friends in a short period of time and if you still keep doing it your friend add option gets disabled for 2 days.

vbn, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  4. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Facebook cracks down on it a lot. Mass friend adding or message sending gets your account suspended from certain privileges for upto 2 weeks, depending on the case.

EvanP, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  5. Dav Fernado

Dav Fernado Peon

Best Answers:
    This message is relatively quite new on Facebook, what puzzles me is how does Facebook monitor if I know them or not; will it depend on the amount of positive acceptance replies I get per requests?

6. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    When you have a certain amount of requests rejected or pending response, Facebook will start to prevent you from sending even more requests.

EvanP, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  7. Dav Fernado

Dav Fernado Peon

Best Answers:
    In general how is the response rate of users responding to Facebook messages? so lets say, I spot a target and send him a message to request some friendship would I better off this way?

8. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you have a target on Facebook, which means he should be having same interests or niche as you have. This might be your opportunity to drag him closer to you as a friend first. You can start your friendship request with a short message saying something like your interests are similar and from the same industry OR something different. Hence he/she will add you as a friend. Then eventually after couple of days you are pass some messages to him. If he has his birthday coming close-by then make sure you wish him with an attractive image posting on his wall. ;)
    Hope this helps !!!

China_girl, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  9. srisen2

srisen2 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is interesting as there is no real way of knowing if you know the person or not it seems they would only do it by like friends

srisen2, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  10. PositiveVibe

PositiveVibe Peon

Best Answers:
    I get a ton of ads on facebook from people I don't really know, but to be honest, I just decline them as there is no point.

PositiveVibe, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  11. Phil213

Phil213 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make a attractive Profile and start adding People... That´s it.

Regards Phil

Phil213, Apr 1, 2011 IP