1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote a niche social networking website

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by xzycan, Mar 29, 2011.

Me and few my friends just coded a new social networking website. Few days ago we promoted in front of apple store when iPad 2 launches, the result is OK. But we are really looking for new ways to generate a lot of users. Site called http://www.ibuyishow.com

What is the best way to generate some registered users on site?

Thanks!

xzycan, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  2. dimasis

dimasis Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    create a press release and post them in many directories, create a facebook fun page

dimasis, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  3. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also submit relevant videos to youtube with a reference to your site link.

Nice design. What script are you using on the site?

HumanVirus, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  4. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    Integrate FB login, Twitter login and create a Fan page on FB and try to promote it in Facebook also. You can simultaneously work on link building campaigns to gain rank and bring traffic for your website

krishnaegurus, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  5. superyachtnsw

superyachtnsw Peon

Best Answers:
    Really a nice develop... You want more register users than first of make a Press Release and submit it into the major websites, than make a facenook fan pages....doing social bookmarking.....

superyachtnsw, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  6. saicou

saicou Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking is advisable for traffic, the more bookmarking the better.

saicou, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  7. hsps9.99

hsps9.99 Member

Best Answers:
    i dont know if it is a good marketing strategy but i always felt that this was one of the reason for success of ORKUT in india.

Make the site exclusive and invite only. Offer more features to its users, such that they want to become members, because it will be like they have something others don't. Just a suggestion...

hsps9.99, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  8. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Now don’t just run out there and register for every niche that might apply to your blog. There are a couple of things to watch out for:
    Is the network active? Make sure you check out the forums or any place that shares content from other users that has a date. Check to see if there is a constant and recent flow, it is a good measuring stick to show you how active the site is.
    What is the target country for the site? – If your site has a regional appeal you may want to check to see where the site is based out of and where the users are from.

stevenyoung, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  9. xzycan

xzycan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for all your advices. They have been very helpful. We have been working on all of your advices as well. By the way, I have created a Facebook Fan page. I have also posted all the photos and videos from our promotional day. Here is the link to the facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibuyishow/134446343287766

Me and my mates will start to working on the press release, web directory, Login with facebook and other networks, social bookmarking. We are also trying to target the right products and right regions.
    Again, thank you so much guys.

xzycan, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  10. xzycan

xzycan Peon

Best Answers:
    We mainly use php+mysql, we also use MVC framework. Design wise, I use firework and photoshop:)

xzycan, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  11. purplemenu

purplemenu Guest

Best Answers:
    PR is best to get some traffic quickly. i would do videos and post on vimeo and youtube of what your service is all about. make it fun, memorable, and quirky.

purplemenu, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  12. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think you are on the right path of giving some tough competition to all those new and upcoming networking sites ;) Design of your site is good and the overall thought is wonderful. Now that you have started the facebook fan page, which I guess is on or before Feb. 11, you should start sharing some of your photos with friends. Its almost two months now and you have only 3 likes on your fan page, which is not a good way to go for a facebook fan page :p Start inviting your own friends in your personal day to day life to like your fan page. Then do some viral marketing campaigns and implement them to get more and more fans which will eventually come to your site ;)
    Hope that helps !!

China_girl, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  13. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since its a new site, you need to kick-start it first & for that you might need to offer some sign up bonuses on first few 100 registrations
    Offering money per sign up will speed up the sign up process & the site will start to come into flow also, you will feel good to see the emptiness going from the site

Just another thought!

SSC, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  14. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Select good Keywords
    Improve search engine ranking
    Video Marketing

socialmediamarketing01, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  15. gbjuno

gbjuno Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Press release, Youtube, Facebook fan page, Twitter marketing, Stumbleupon!

gbjuno, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  16. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get more traffic by doing forum posting, social bookmarking and creating press releases.

chinasa, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  17. xzycan

xzycan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your help and good word, we will be working on the facebook issue soon. We are implementing some major functionality improvement recently and should be there within 1 or 2 weeks.

xzycan, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  18. xzycan

xzycan Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, Thanks for you help. Now we have largely improve the site functionality. But there still lots to do. Any suggestions will be appreciated:}

xzycan, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  19. skundu

skundu Peon

Best Answers:
    I am promoting my website findmeclub.com , I am using blogs and requesting friends. findmeclub.com is about finding friends based on your interest/ hobby and location. So iniatially my friends started using them now i am having 2-3 new users everyday.

skundu, Sep 5, 2011 IP