1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelance Article Writer - Where to get customers??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ninja250, Apr 17, 2011.

As the title says:

Im new to article writing, but im good at it, i just dont know where to find customers! I have a thread here at DP but i want to post in as many places as possible!

If you know of any good places then please post them below, i will really appreciate it.

Ninja250, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  2. kbshah555

kbshah555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    kbshah555, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  3. friendlyIMer8

friendlyIMer8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would suggest that you get an account on freelance sites like odesk, freelancer, rentacoder, etc. There, people who need to have jobs, like article writing, done come and post jobs. Freelancers bid on how much they will take to do the job. I would suggest that route. You could register for accounts on multiple freelance sites and end up with jobs from each one. Another idea would be to post a gig on Fiverr where you will write an article(s) for $5. This would be a great way to get some practice, experience, money and to get people to get to know you. After awhile of doing Fiverr, you could let your customers know your rates for freelance writing work (obviously higher than $5 for say 3 articles. LOL) and if they like your work, at least some will be willing to follow you. I hope this helps:)

friendlyIMer8, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  4. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are freelancer then your profile should be full of promises.
    Customers fill find you themselves

jkhurramov, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those freelancer site might works good for other service but definitely not article writing. The average pay over there is about $1 per article (300~600 words). Sorry to say that there are too competitive, i mean the price

lifeplayer, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree I know people who pay $100 per article, depending on the word count and quality. If you come to a piss poor forum like Digital Point, you're not going to get the $1,000 contracts. You chat shit, but it's interesting to see how the vast majority of you think. It's amusing to say the least.

Seqqa, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $100 per article is still available but definitely not from those freelancer site.
    My friends are getting about $100 per article too, he write for magazine

lifeplayer, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  8. submitwpthemes.com

submitwpthemes.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I can tell you that you can find daily customers here in content creation forum . check new threads and pm owners with competitive price to get the work ;)

submitwpthemes.com, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  9. HAdrian1239

HAdrian1239 Member

Best Answers:
    Start out with forums like this place and freelance sites as some of the others said. Then perhaps go to private or specialized forums and do the same thing. Establish yourself. Specialize even. Then, set up your own blog, and promote yourself, leveraging the contacts you have made doing private client work found in the other forums.

You can make great money as a freelance writer, even in the "IM" circles where people hesitate to pay well. It is all about mindset, determination and positioning yourself as THE BEST, MOST RELIABLE, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE etc

HAdrian1239, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  10. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well..
    1) you can freelance writing services at sites like freelancers.com, elance(Google freelance sites)
    2) you can have your own sites and sell ur services to clients(need marketing)
    3) you can market your self and skills at facebook, twitter etc
    4) you can sell articles at article marketplace(google article marketplace). Sites like these give the highest payout.
    5) you can ask/reply forum post at service>content section of webmaster forums like digital point, webmastertalk.com etc

c4cyber, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  11. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article writing is getting cheaper and cheaper these days because a lot of people could do it.

theAdviserMe, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  12. stevewritez

stevewritez Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! It would have become cheaper but the competition may be heavy but only few survives. If you can write quality articles within deadline then you can set your own price and dominate your clients.

stevewritez, Apr 26, 2011 IP