1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing for other website or creating your own <<which one is better?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gjrb29, Apr 19, 2011.

I was speaking with someone and I was talking about writing articles for websites such as hubpages, bukisa, associated content and etc and the person told me that it is better to start a blog or website and keep my own articles. They said that I have a the possibility in making more revenue in the long run especially if I properly SEO the blog or website.

Anyone have any experience, ideas or advice about this idea the person said? Thank you

gjrb29, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. PinoyEngine™

PinoyEngine™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you have more time for SEO, advertising and management, then create your own website.
    but you only have limited time, just write for others.

in my experience, only 10% of my time is consumed by article writing, the rest goes to building backlinks, SEO, promotion, advertising, updating CMS, installing plugins, looking for link exchange and anything hell you can think off.

but, you know heavier loads result more delicious juice.

PinoyEngine™, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. Kasd429

Kasd429 Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating your own site it much better in the long run.

Kasd429, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. gjrb29

gjrb29 Peon

Best Answers:
    With all that which has been going on with google changing the way the search engine pull results, would it even be a good idea to start a website??

gjrb29, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously ur own site would do better in long term thats the reason why the other people want u too write the articles for them in the first place :p

Bohra, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the time to make your own site, then go for it, its a great learning experience.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  7. gjrb29

gjrb29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for the feedback and help. :)

gjrb29, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  8. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating your own website is definitely better for the long run. Writing articles for other websites is good for short term.

cheesee, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  9. Murmck13

Murmck13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating your own website will earn you more money in the long run with less time spent. If writing is your talent then you can create a website selling PLR. That way you can earn a lot more for your articles and people will keep coming back to your site for more. This will enable you to build a list that you can constantly market to as well. Creating PLR articles/packages would allow you to sell the SAME article to several people ( I suggest putting a max number sold of each article, like 200). You can write on all the popular niches and eventually hire your own team of writers to help you write. Also, outsource the stuff you don't know how to do. You are wasting your time trying to learn the technical things necessary for a website that other people can do better, faster and easier.

Murmck13, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  10. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do both. That way you have multiple places to link from.

joebert, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  11. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's good for deep backlinks though.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  12. stevewritez

stevewritez Peon

Best Answers:
    You can submit your articles to websites like ezine rather than creating your own website and having it. Because creating your own website and achieving a better PR will take more time, therefore you can choose to submit it to article directories.
    regards,
    steve.

stevewritez, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  13. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well...if you write for hubpages etc, you get a share of what you can earn with adsense. but in case of having your own blog or website you have to deal with lots of things like seo, sem, spam etc. And there is always a pressure as well. You have to stick to one topic.
    So if you are looking for something light like..write and get paid..go for such sites
    and if you can handle all other stuff (that may need some investment for hosting, design, marketing etc) go for ur own blog.
    you don't need a blog to earn alot. You can write an ebook and sell it. You can do freelancing etc.

c4cyber, Apr 28, 2011 IP