1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My experience buying "facebook fans"

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TSquared, May 12, 2011.

I recently created a dummy account to test out someone offering the services of buying "fans". It seems that people offering such a service needed to be an "admin". My guess was that they needed this so that it can be "recommended" to their own network. At first I was surprised to find that I did get 200 fans within a few hours. After paying the individual $7, my "fans" started to fall away. What started at 210 yesterday, is like 190 something today. I don't know what exactly this person did, but it only seems to yield temporary results.

Anyone else want to share their experience?

TSquared, May 12, 2011 IP
  2. hari12345

hari12345 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi TSquared if getting facebook afns is so much important i am ready to start a service thread in this forum.........i am already doing it on other forums...but i am new here.....BUT I DONT WANT ADMIN STATUS.

hari12345, May 12, 2011 IP
  3. TSquared

TSquared Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well it's more like testing. I do wonder why many fans leave. Is it that their facebook accounts are hacked. And why do they always need admin access?

TSquared, May 13, 2011 IP
  4. spyece

spyece Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually its kind of a likes exchange system that people are using, so some of the users that likes the page later on unlikes it,
    and nope its not facebook account hacking tricks :p

spyece, May 13, 2011 IP
  5. mustwillza

mustwillza Member

Best Answers:
    Is it like to suggest your page to his/her facebook group?
    but i'm not had an experience about be an admin

mustwillza, May 14, 2011 IP
  6. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think it from the person you bought the fan page might be consisted of unverified account. fb is now very strict to maintain original account. i think fb company might be closed your fan's account.

xenon121, May 14, 2011 IP
  7. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    So how do they get the fans? I haven't risked giving them admin status, as they could definitely get my page banned.

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  8. SteveTasovski

SteveTasovski Member

Best Answers:
    i often buy fans from fbml-templates.net they are doing a great job with it.
    however returning to your problem, your fans are falling down because simply they are pressing unlike button on your page. so it's not a targeted fans on your page. that's why they are leaving

SteveTasovski, May 16, 2011 IP
  9. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    May be these person are very commercial they just become fan for getting facility & when their interest if fulfilled they click on unlike option. I do not support to buying fan from Facebook. If anyone join your fan page without any dead he/she will be your real fan.

mygold, May 18, 2011 IP
  10. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had exactly the same results, and its frustrating. I wish I could get more fans to my page, especially since its just a music group! grrrr

djdestruction, May 18, 2011 IP
  11. TSquared

TSquared Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, how many fans did you buy? And how many are there now?

TSquared, May 18, 2011 IP
  12. rikz0121

rikz0121 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's always a good idea to check the reviews of the people from whom you buy fans from

rikz0121, May 18, 2011 IP
  13. johnwho

johnwho Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want to get a REAL fans. use Facebook PPC and focused on your target people + offer incentive to even boost the conversion rate.

johnwho, May 18, 2011 IP
  14. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Tsquared for sharing your experience....You know what I am planning for this only from last few weeks but there is something pinching me about this that it beneficial for me or not and now I am clear from you experience that what I have to do.

manis, May 18, 2011 IP
  15. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well first I guess they must be inviting their own friends to your fan page by being an admin for the particular page. However if I have good amount of likes already, I would never risk of giving the admin charge to someone else on the net. Instead of this, why dont you try twiends.com or some viral marketing campaigns to boost your likes on the fan page ?
    I am sure you will yield more and more fans in this method everyday rather than decreasing the number of your likes ;)

China_girl, May 19, 2011 IP
  16. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are more expensive alternatives. Some people can add small amounts of fans without being an admin.

Also there's a company I've been using on some occasions. They can add targeted (geo/interests/gender etc) fans and they usually don't fall off. If you really really need this (I suggest you don't!) you can PM and I'll give you their email address.

If you're serious about marketing on FB, you have to do it the natural way - by establishing relationships, joining groups, being funny, interesting and valuable... and yes, you can also offer incentives for liking you (coupons, giveaways, competitions)

Bought fans have a very, very little value, unfortunately, so I wouldn't advise you spending any money on it. And by all means, never risk a corporate account by making someobody an admin.

tankard, May 19, 2011 IP
  17. quicklink

quicklink Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree with some of you, not all require admin access, like I've been providing fans and no admin access is needed, real humans, sometimes people provide fans with their own accounts, but sometimes they need admin access, but those are not quality, those are just using twiends, internet marketers like all of us, so you can't expect any converisons unless it is related to internet marketing. Prices depend, some charge $100 for 1k fans, some charge less, it really depends on the method you are using, some that sell for $100 and they pay a person $75 to get the fans, and they make profit.

Some services are top quality, some low quality, there are cheap high quality services, you just gotta find them.

quicklink, May 19, 2011 IP
  18. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as i don't like buying fans or anything like that, i think not all sellers of fans are that scammy maybe its just the person that sold it to you.

chinasa, May 19, 2011 IP
  19. chengwong

chengwong Peon

Best Answers:
    Well its better to promote your website well and create a brand name in the market for it and targeted Facebook fans will start liking your page automatically and yeah! Regular updates are necessary to keep them interesting in your page.

chengwong, May 19, 2011 IP