1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Skype and Networking

Discussion in 'General Business' started by directorbman, May 16, 2011.

How many of you guys use Skype to network on a daily basis with other internet entrepreneurs?

Has it helped you to develop your skills and expand your internet business/marketing?

directorbman, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. stach14

stach14 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use skype daily to communicate with others and even for new leads/questions for my business. I find it easy to use and a very helpful tool.

stach14, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. Michael Thorsett

Michael Thorsett Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been using Skype for the last couple of weeks, and it's really great. I'm in a few marketing group chats, and there are times that the ideas really flow fast. It's a terrific networking tool, IMO.

Michael Thorsett, May 16, 2011 IP
  4. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i've never used it for that reason but i can see how it would do good not a bad ideah.

TheMissingLink007, May 16, 2011 IP
  5. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What part of Idaho are you from? I spent a lot of time in Sandpoint well rather Hope. All my aunts uncles and other family live there as well. Haven't been that way in 10+ years. But I may be making a trip soon in about 3-6 weeks.

directorbman, May 16, 2011 IP
  6. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are these Marketing group chats open to all, or by invite only? Reason why I ask is I need to get out there and learn learn learn. I want to make money from anywhere in the world. Even $5-600 and I'll be happy. I think that is a good first goal?

directorbman, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Skype help me a lot my business making communication with my business partners is easy, and to my team as well it make us easy to communicate each other.

derrickschwan, May 17, 2011 IP
  8. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So how do you guys generally find others on Skype to network with?

directorbman, May 19, 2011 IP
  9. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    by adding the person using his/her skype id
    their used to be a search feature on old version of skype which i can't seem to find out in the latest one

SSC, May 19, 2011 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's awesome - i love using it to call US companies with just 1cent/minute . That saves me loads of cash .

ApocalypseXL, May 19, 2011 IP
  11. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    of course Skype is best for business. You will get feedback what is the condition of your business.

mygold, May 19, 2011 IP
  12. nomadic

nomadic Peon

Best Answers:
    skype is a great invention. I am really fond of this networking tool. All business has at least one skype id. I too. :)

nomadic, May 19, 2011 IP
  13. techabsolute

techabsolute Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i can't live without skype

techabsolute, May 20, 2011 IP
  14. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay so who here is bold enough to network with me through Skype.

I've done some reading online for internet business, and marketing - there is so much info though I have no idea how to start, what is a good business model to start, a website, blog, etc.. I am just clueless in this aspect and a chat buddy would be useful to bounce idea's off and tell me what I need to do, how to market it, what to write, when to add ads, or not to, how to grow etc.

I don't want a handout, I want to do all the work myself, I just need that nudge in the right direction. Someone with lots of online marketing experience and who is successful independent online entrepreneur would be good, but I will take assistance from anyone offering.

I already work from home in the service business. I go out into the field to provide this service, to peoples houses. However with today's gas prices and other rising costs we are getting squeezed out.

So I want to make the move to online entrepreneur. I have a lot of off time and can commit a couple hours a day. Like i said I DO NOT WANT A FREE RIDE, just some assistance on what to do and what not to, and some pointer on how to do them and I'll do it.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon L.

directorbman, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  15. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, looks like Becky isn't afraid to step up the plate, I am very surprised no one else is responding. I would think this is an opportunity to expand and grow your network base. Oh well live and learn right? :p

directorbman, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  16. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can i know which internet entrepreneurship you meet with?
    Mostly they like to stay secret and stay private.
    Even i chat with them so long in their blog regarding some issues but they still din provide other contact method other than live chat or email only.

JerrickYeoh, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  17. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jerick, you are 110% correct why should you or anyone give away your secrets that you worked so hard to get and learn over the years. You absolutely should not give them away. This is not what I am looking for, no hand outs and no free rides. What I am looking for is guidance from those who can provide it without compromising their work schedule or their trade secrets. Some one who understands how hard it can be for someone new like me to wiggle their way into a new nitch/business with no prior experience.

I do have some experience to give as well, being in the service business I know a thing or two about customers, and if anyone has a customer based website and is real good with marketing and design but could use a couple insights on how to handle customers we could exchange helpful ideas etc.. See where this is going? I also have some experience in other areas.

I am just trying to network and make the first step towards making friends in the business.. Thanks...

Oh yeah, and I haven't met with any internet entrepreneurs, apparently they are a little shy? :p

directorbman, Jun 9, 2011 IP