1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook - NO PRIVACY at all

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by HeatherWhite, May 24, 2011.

Hello guys. I know that we all have Facebook accounts. Does this idea come into your mind? Like Facebook has no privacy at all?

HeatherWhite, May 24, 2011 IP
  2. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Not so, Facebook has lots of privacy options. All you need to handle with care and as per your needs.

RamCity, May 24, 2011 IP
  3. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Privacy issues are in the terms of service of facebook, so before you sign up, and post anything, you should be aware of its policies.

ajbaumer, May 24, 2011 IP
  4. JoshMiller

JoshMiller Peon

Best Answers:
    No facebook has privacy there but it depend's that how you are dealing with it. But in my opinion facebook is like a open book to the world of your's, then why make it private.

JoshMiller, May 25, 2011 IP
  5. johnnright

johnnright Peon

Best Answers:
    No , you can set your privacy as you like ! your personal info , your wall ,your friends etc.
    You can customize your setting whatever you like.

johnnright, May 25, 2011 IP
  6. meltinzone

meltinzone Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I hate their privacy settings.
    Everytime they roll out an update you're forced to accept it or then struggle to find your way through their pythetic menu system to find the correct privacy setting/s to change or turn off.
    I noticed it with the mobile numbers update.
    As well as the update allowing social plugins to follow you across the web. I mean how the hell does a site I visit one time supposedly have me logged in to leave a comment. Disabling that plugin was a whole lot of fun.....
    To see what I mean I think from memory the site was ehow. Though I could be wrong.
    But if you visit one like that and you're logged in, well I don't like it personally. As the free internet is worsening I'm lookking more and more at programs like TOR.

meltinzone, May 25, 2011 IP
  7. Fbi Raid Plz

Fbi Raid Plz Peon

Best Answers:
    You can setup your own privacy settings in Facebook, if your Facebook isn't secure, it's only your own fault lol

Fbi Raid Plz, May 25, 2011 IP
  8. meltinzone

meltinzone Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a 'lol'ing' matter mate. They release updates that you're probably unaware of. For example you friends that have no privacy settings in place, then technically neither do you no matter how much you've secured them.
    They force new settings/updates on people as oppossed to making them private, then getting the user to decide wheter to make them public. They assume everyone who has an account wants no privacy settings at all.....

meltinzone, May 25, 2011 IP
  9. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    no , it should has privacy , and sometimes when i make some small wrongs , i will get the warning .

popgals, May 25, 2011 IP
  10. gift4usa

gift4usa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think facebook is the only social network which has a lot of privacy.

gift4usa, May 26, 2011 IP
  11. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook privacy is a joke. They have changed it numerous times, make it difficult for most average people to figure out, and they are constantly changing it. People somewhat get it figured out and next thing you know they are changing things. Some people have no idea how to figure it out and their info is actually publicly available and they do not even realize it. Too many settings in facebook. I do not love twitter, but it is so much easier to handle. Even though you are limited to 140 characters it is not such a headache.

gameutopia, May 26, 2011 IP
  12. John Lewis sales

John Lewis sales Peon

Best Answers:
    I even heard that data which we share on facebook is scanned by FBI whenever they want they cant access into any of the information that The want to

John Lewis sales, May 26, 2011 IP
  13. Greg UK

Greg UK Peon

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree that facebook is in a way invasion of privacy however, it is extremely important to implement your own privacy settings to avoid people seeing things you dont want them to see when opening an account. As for business and marketing I think facebook can be extremely helpful.

Greg UK, May 26, 2011 IP
  14. thomas_fg

thomas_fg Peon

Best Answers:
    Also consider that people may access your data if they know somebody who is your friend (like a co-worker, etc.) Especially in recruiting that's a quite common way to check out profiles. Best is to simply don't post any content to Facebook that you don't want to have in public. You can use e.g. Privacy Scanner(http://apps.facebook.com/privacy-watchdog/) to check your Facebook profile for stuff that should better stay private.

thomas_fg, May 27, 2011 IP
  15. dalailama

dalailama Peon

Best Answers:
    I am always a bit worried when using Facebook. Hence, I don´t upload a lot of private pictures or make my profile accessible for anyone.

dalailama, May 27, 2011 IP
  16. SeanPreston

SeanPreston Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the facebook privacy settings aren't that bad to be fair, they seem to cover most user requirements.

SeanPreston, May 27, 2011 IP
  17. Bart Simpson

Bart Simpson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it comes to my mind. That's why you should think before you post anything.

Bart Simpson, May 27, 2011 IP
  18. php_

php_ Peon

Best Answers:
    The privacy settings on facebook have changed many times in the past year, they've been on the headlines for privacy problems. In my opinion i find their settings on privacy quite decent they could be improved in some aspects but then again i dont think we can really complain if we dont like it we could simply just not sign up, their not forcing us to sign up.

php_, May 27, 2011 IP
  19. Nirmal Ambrose

Nirmal Ambrose Peon

Best Answers:
    it has privacy. Just view it in your account settings on top.

Nirmal Ambrose, May 28, 2011 IP
  20. HeatherWhite

HeatherWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you all mean guys... but there are other people who doesn't even know how to configure their privacy options.

Yeah, I agree that we should think before we post anything, but how about other people posting something about you? No way of controlling that I guess...

HeatherWhite, May 28, 2011 IP