1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you drive traffic/advertise a Games Topsite

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Delirious84, May 29, 2011.

I am at a total loss of how to drive traffic to this type of site. I have sent emails to owners of games. Yet none reply or add their site. Am I doing something wrong?

Delirious84, May 29, 2011 IP
  2. Intermg

Intermg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you running a top list? Join other top lists in your niche. This is the best way to start the things off. Once you have some initial traffic, you'll be able to start exchanging links and trading traffic with other sites.

Intermg, May 29, 2011 IP
  3. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    I am running the topsite yes. It is Top Mafia Sites - Mafia MMORPG toplist. Also has toplist for other gaming genres. I searched around google yet they are also just topsites where I need to vote on my own link to get votes. I don't really want to put a link up on my topsite for someone to vote at yet another topsite. Thanks for the advice though.

Delirious84, May 29, 2011 IP
  4. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe start writing article, review, forum and etc. on Mafia MMORPG and keep increasing original content on your homepage where people can see to get yourself noticed. Change a bit layout and color of your site may also help :) Good luck.

Justin_Dupre, May 29, 2011 IP
  5. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm those are some good ideas. I could write an article on one of my gaming blogs. Then I could make a post about it in my mafia game forum. Do you think making reviews for all of my sites on Alexa would help any?
    I totally agree with the layout and colors. It is so bland. I have just been so busy working on other websites, that I haven't had the time to work on the layout.

Thank you for your suggestions though.

Delirious84, May 30, 2011 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try to use Social network and article marketing?

lifeplayer, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    Well there is not so much for articles. The best I can hope for is random webmasters finding my site and submitting their game it seems like. Will keep doing as much small SEO as I can and just hope for the best.

Delirious84, May 30, 2011 IP