1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expanding a blog - What do you think? Please feel free to share thoughts

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bumba1988, Jun 8, 2011.

Hi There!

I will get to the point straight. I own a blog (http://longearedjerboa.com) and it mainly has 4-5 posts discussing many aspects of jerboa, long eared jerboa and Greater Egyptian jerboa. So for, I monetize the site using AdSense and InfoLinks. Revenues have not been encouraging, however, the site ranks in the 1st page for "Long Eared Jerboa."

I believe the search volume is pretty much less for this keyword and hence wanted to expand my site so that it can deal with all kinds of rodents. I mean to say that I will like to add new posts discussing all the rodents rather than sticking only to jerboas. Do you feel it to be a good idea.

I also intend to promote rodent bait equipments through my blog by doing this. If you know any good affiliate program, please suggest me. I tried to find some through ClickBank, alas, did not find any.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to know what you think.

Regards.

bumba1988, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  2. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before you expand your niche site. Try doing the following;

1) Change the theme to something that's less spaced out so people can access the content asap.
    2) Have you really wrote all you can about "Long Eared Jerboa"? Most likely not so think of what else you can write about them and publish more content.
    3) Just because you on the first page for your main keyword doesn't mean you done with SEO. You need to keep at it to rank #1 on the first page, also check your google analytics and find another keywords bringing in traffic and push your site to rank #1 for those keywords.
    4) Once you have done all this and the income still isn't up to par, then you expand the site to cover all information about jerboas.

kush86, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  3. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to implement that. Only a few further questions:

1) I really did not find any huge news source to write about Long Eared Jerboa. Well, I did find some information and those will be published in the blog. However, still looking for more information. Any idea, about where I can find some?

2) I was thinking about changing the theme myself. Will do the needful once get some time.

bumba1988, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  4. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You welcome,

1) Try to google random words with your keyword like this; "Can a long eared jerboa be a pet?", "what do long eared jerboa eat?", "long eared jerboa diet", and etc. There are tons of random stuff you can come up with.

2) Yeah, this won't take long. Just find one that allows you to blend the google adsense ads with the content and you should do fine.

kush86, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  5. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google Insight , Google Trend , Google keyword tools to help you find out all the keywords that people are usually looking for jerboa .
    I believe it is a niche market, so you need the correct keyword of the niche market looking for jerboa.
    If you unable to reach the target market, i'm sure you also unable to earn well from affiliate market.

JerrickYeoh, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  6. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for the suggestions. I will try to use a theme that blends well with Google Adsense ads and hence, increase my revenues.

I do use them, but I believe, I have not used them so far at their fullest. Also, I have not yet started to put my affiliate links in the site. However, once the site gets some decent visitors, I will do that.

bumba1988, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  7. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try to do dropship instead.

Its more profitable compare to affiliate.

mentos, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  8. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advise. Can you please explain that how can I implement that for a blog dealing with Long Eared Jerboas?

bumba1988, Jun 9, 2011 IP