1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to internet business, could use some direction.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Loner12, Jun 13, 2011.

Hello everyone, I've been lightly cruising around these forums for a few weeks now. I believe I would like to start getting into income through internet services, but I have no clue how to start. I'm not looking for free and easy money in any way, I just think I may enjoy doing this type of work. At my current work I'm regularly described as a very hard worker and I hope to apply that in this. The hardest par for me is getting some direction on how things work and some decent ways to start. In most other things I've done, once I get that helping hand in direction, I usually branch off and do very well on my own.

I would like some suggestions on e-books, website blogs or anything with general information on how all of this works(SEO, affiliate, link building etc..). I'm not currently looking for such things that will teach me everything I'd ever need to know, just something that will allow me to grasp what these things really are. I plan on choosing a few things I'd like the most and then move onto the real learning.

I plan on investing sometime in the future if I think I'm capable of doing these things. I also have an idea of some niches and business ideas, but no idea on how to apply them. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I don;t know my way around here to well.

Edit: I've used the search function and have found a few links to e-books and info. All of the ones I've found either are no longer available(download, website) or won't allow me to access it. I've also spent some time on google, but most of the stuff I have found tries to get me to buy something or is under descriptive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    Loner12, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think those ebook will guide you make money.

But if you wanna start off something easy, do try selling webhosting.

mentos, Jun 13, 2011 IP
    Mia likes this.
  3. Tycus

Tycus Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is that all ebooks are not worthless but have too much useless info, you can earn such experience much faster by start doing something. Just start. Use forum to discuss and share

Tycus, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. pes7md2010

pes7md2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    While waiting for ebooks, you can also take time to search google so that you can get links to what people have written about your enquiry

pes7md2010, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. VINC

VINC Member

Best Answers:
    forget about ebooks, i can share with you some free info if you are looking to make it in affiliate, domain parking or online marketting or looking for some ideas for your own website. I got plenty experience there just send me PM if you got some questions

VINC, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  6. rajalawak

rajalawak Active Member

Best Answers:
    When we talk about internet bussiness we will talk about web traffic. no matter how powerful your website,without web traffic you will not earn anything from your site. Find product to sales and focus on marketing.

rajalawak, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should only put money and leave the rest to a professional for a profit share. If you try to learn the things by yourself, you can only lose your time and money for some years until you learn all you need.

makeit easy, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  8. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow given below Steps:
    1. Create a Blog
    2. Maintain a Blog
    3. Update a Blog
    4. Open a Google Adsense Account

jhardy2008, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  9. londonlen

londonlen Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    my only advice I could give you , is set yourself a very short timeframe to find an idea you wish to carry out, then do it, don't get distracted by other ideas, just do it until failure and keep twisting that method until you make one dollar. The trick really is to just get on with it don't procrastonate, remember Pareto!

londonlen, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  10. khojit

khojit Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense work but you need to have a decent amount of traffic on you website to earn from it. I guess people often visit site with rich useful content.

khojit, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  11. AffiliMan

AffiliMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to become familiar with the online marketing common terms and trends. you can browse my blogs for Affiliates world dictionary, Affiliation is the best way to start, you will learn a lot and might even start your own business in the future thanks to the things you will study now. from my experience thats how most of the successful young webmasters start.

AffiliMan, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  12. jmr1228

jmr1228 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Loner12,

A great ebook on a profitable and scalable SEO strategy is called "SEO Secret Recipe." I don't think I can link to it here because it's hosted on another forum, but feel free to PM me and I'll send you the link. It's easy to read and understand and isn't full of a lot of fluff.

Jessica

jmr1228, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  13. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Start with a simple site to build up your skills (a directory, an information site on joomla). Then once you think you have enough skills try something more complicated.

sambling, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  14. Intermg

Intermg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look around - there's a bunch of useful information. Read on and start doing something immediately. Learn the stuff and choose your very own way. :)

Intermg, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  15. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you like doing? If you like writing have a go at freelance writing. If you prefer designing, have a go at logo and banner design and move up to web design. If you like the idea of advertising, maybe affiliate marketing is the way to go... so many options but you need to narrow them down. Choosing something because it looks like instant money might work at first, but you need to be truly passionate about it to do it day after day :)

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  16. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have just joined in this forum .just stay for three months in this site, stick into every important discussion and hopefully you will learn many ways of earning money. there are a lot scopes adsense, affiliate marketing, cpa marketing, ptc sites, there are many more. just wait and study.

thanks

xenon121, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  17. Dhamodharan

Dhamodharan Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you willing to do business?

Dhamodharan, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  18. londonlen

londonlen Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PM me if your still struggling to get a few ideas, I've got too many projects on the go just now and would be happy to JV with anyone on something

londonlen, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  19. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most books are crap especialy those promising you earn money online etc etc ...

The ways are multiple

Freelancing that can be done in many areas
    Data entry
    Coding
    Design
    2d
    3d
    SEO
    Link Building etc

Or owning a website and earning
    From Afiliates
    Adsense or similar
    Selling links
    Etc

But you need time
    skills
    hard work
    And even money invested

w3bmaster, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  20. Charlotte Jordan

Charlotte Jordan Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of e-books are complete crap. Trust me, been there, bought that. Hah. But there is so much good free information out there, you just have to know where to look. Have a look on the Warrior Forum's main section for idea and ask plenty of questions. There are a ton of people on there who know what they are talking about. I am willing to share some courses that have helped me if you're interested. Send me a PM :)

Charlotte Jordan, Jun 24, 2011 IP