1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another Fiverr Site, Is it a good idea ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shamend143, Jun 14, 2011.

Hello
    I have been thinking about starting my own Fiverr/tenner sort of website with exactly same features ofcourse so its basically a clone, I would really like your advise.

Is it a good idea and worth going for it ? Please give reason for your answer.
    Also if its yes then I would like to be bit innovative and start something exciting along with it, pls suggest me if you can regarding a feature I could add to it or should i just go as another site with same script?
    Any ideas, suggestions, feedbacks, critics etc are appreciated

I am genuinely and seriously wanted to launch a site and invest good $$$ on a site.

Kind Regards
    Shamend

shamend143, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  2. EdgeLivver

EdgeLivver Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure there are already other people doing the same thing. Id say it would cost a lot to get it going.

EdgeLivver, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  3. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    True that I have seen about 100+ websites doing that already thats why I either need to make it slightly different and innovative or drop the idea or just go as normal clone ?
    i need suggestions thats why

shamend143, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  4. webmindz24

webmindz24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to do something different.. There are lot of similar sites and I don't think its a great idea to earn a good amount of money.

webmindz24, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  5. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to setup and launch something different but if i had that idea i wouldnt be buying clone scripts off net ...

shamend143, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  6. londonlen

londonlen Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If u did one based in the UK, im sure that would go down well, as far as I know I don't think there are any here.

londonlen, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  7. flexcarrera

flexcarrera Banned

Best Answers:
    Innovative ideas are usually somewhat secretive. Having an idea running around in ones head that can be truly classed as unique and a potentially fantastic earner isn't going to be given up very lightly.

Maybe it's time to put your thinking cap on?

flexcarrera, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  8. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    there are few i have seen for UK already selling in pounds sterling and even with .co.uk, also ive seen one with .ie tld i.e. irish as well with euros as currency

9. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are already waaaaaaaay to many of them .

ApocalypseXL, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  10. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    i know this is why i want to have something new or have same micro jobs site but with a new concept ...

11. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be a good idea as there are so many people looking to make an easy fast buck online.

One of the things I'd like to see in these sites is better monitoring. Some of the ads are just ridiculous and I go there to just get a chuckle from what some of the people are offering. I think if the people are going to offer a service whether it be for $5 or $100, it should be quality. I know the saying is, you get what you pay for, but if you're offering it, give it and you will make so much more money with more customers if you can provide the quality. I also think these sites need to be better monitored when it comes to the scammers as well. I've read so many threads about people getting scammed on Fiverr. My godness, their every where.

Anyway, if you could make a site that offered less risk to the purchaser and quality work from the posters, you could have an amazing site.

fruzzlies, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  12. Fbi Raid Plz

Fbi Raid Plz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you just copy fiverr then no, it's not going to work :p

Fbi Raid Plz, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  13. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhhh iam getting confused now due to mixed comments i am getting and i was just gonna go with it, registered a nice domain and got invoice for license for scripts and modifications in my inbox, now dont know what shud i do ? thought to have a fiverr and try to take suggestions form here n add few ideas i will get and then also start anoter site with it, budget was good too
    now guess i jst gotta keep thinking

14. TrueClove

TrueClove Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get confused. You posted because you wanted the feedback. You just aren't hearing "go for it great idea"
    If you do a clone you inherit all the same negatives as the original and they are many. A fivver clone doesn't provide much of a way to stop the scams as the crooks already know your system.
    The fresh way to do this is to focus on a niche and sub niche's and attract good workers to do the job. Have a rating system that allows the best to be pro's... think (eBay power sellers)
    GOOD LUCK!

TrueClove, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  15. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    thought thats how its done anyway that people give feedback after job completed and only then money transferred to seller.
    will work on that and let me know more features i could add :) working on the site already

shamend143, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  16. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make this idea work, you need to offer something completely different to what Fiverr is doing. What this something is, is up to you! You need to think outside of the box! Word up for Manchester!

Brian123, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  17. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    <- puts thinking cap on .... not working .... lol

18. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to ask yourself why would people use your site rather than Fiverr? What could you possibly offer them that is different? If you can't offer anything new/different to what Fiverr does - then you will find it very difficult to succeed in this particular niche.

Brian123, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  19. shamend143

shamend143 Peon

Best Answers:
    true that and thats why i thought someone could give me a new idea regarding having a fiverr niche or having a completely new site idea. i know u wud say why wud someone give u a idea for free i dont mind paying for some nice worthy suggeston or someone who has suggestion but cant afford to implement it i can buy that idea and use it myself ...

20. AYoungMillionaire

AYoungMillionaire Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta agree with everyone else- its probably not the best thing to do if you want to make something Viral.

AYoungMillionaire, Jun 16, 2011 IP