1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Urgent Help on a tutorial.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by sahiscope, Jun 24, 2011.

Hello Everyone.

I am new to this place and this happens to be my first thread.

I have been working on Photoshop for a couple of months now. So I obviously am a fresh beginner. The thing is, that though it's just been two months, I have been spending the larger part of each day trying to make things happen on adobe. It's been so intense that I have neglected almost everything else. But that's not what I intend to ask help for. My problem is that there is this tutorial on the web that I have totally fallen for. But as yet, I am too incapable of pulling that of. Somewhere in between it talks about changing the position of the layers. When I do so accordingly, the expected results don't seem to follow. I definitely do something wrong. This is the the link to the tutorial.
    http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/30970535/1/create-amazing-cosmic-inspired-scene-in-photoshop-cs5
    I have tried to contact the author of the tutorial but haven't received any reply.

Please, can anyone just have an overall look at it and tell me how is it that I have to position the layers and everything. I don't expect you to go in details. But touch upon the basic guidelines that would guide me through. I have been spending so much time on this tutorial that sometimes when I failed, I thought this isn't possible for me to do. But I don't wish to give up.
    Please help. And thank you.

sahiscope, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  2. ayekaye01

ayekaye01 Peon

Best Answers:
    changing the layers position is just putting layer 1 above or below later 2. try repositioning the layers esp, layers with filters

ayekaye01, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  3. sahiscope

sahiscope Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for looking over it.
    Actually, when I position the second layer below layer1, the effect that was produced on layer 2 disappears. Also, as you must have seen, there are new layers that are to be created after that. So I wanted to know, are these new layers supposed to be below layer 1 because if you position layer 2 below layer 1 with layer 2 being the selected layer, new layers will appear above 2 and below 1. Or is it that when I position the layer 2 below layer 1, I select layer 1 and then add new layers? This is actually what is confusing me. I hope you get what I mean.

sahiscope, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  4. gcttirth

gcttirth Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell exactly which part of the tutorial is not working for you?

gcttirth, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  5. sahiscope

sahiscope Peon

Best Answers:
    well it's when it asks to put the layers with the stars below the layer of the girl. I don't get it because when I do that, the stars vanish. and I dont understand as to how the subsequent layers are to be positioned. Above star layers and below that of the girl, or above the layer of the girl?

6. gcttirth

gcttirth Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, the concept of layers is that: the layer on the top will be visible always i.e. it will override/overlay any layer below it.

For the problem, do you have that pink CLOUD effect on a different layer?

The layers should be like this :
    1) ( Top ) The girl's layer
    2) ( middle ) The stars
    3) ( bottom ) The cloud effect.

Also, after those 3 layers, all others will be put on TOP of the girl's layer.

Hope this helps.

:) Good luck!!

7. sahiscope

sahiscope Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, I have the cloud effect on a different layer, as per the instruction in the tutorial

8. gcttirth

gcttirth Member

Best Answers:
    Did you followed the layer order I told? Did it work?

A picture of the layer panel would help us if my order has not worked.

Thanks,
    gct