1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is any one here have a success story in selling products online ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cherie_bah, Jun 26, 2011.

hi ,
    i want to know is any one here have a success story in selling products online ?
    most dp members using adsence , i never heard about a success story in selling a product online !

if u really have an online store , let answer about these Questions :
    what are you selling ?
    did u buy products then ship it to buyers address ?
    or you have suppliers ?

to be honest , i have $ 10k and looking to invest it in selling a product online .
    looking for advices in what to sell .

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    cherie_bah, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    If you're after selling goods, then you could just take a peak at ebay sellers with 100,000+ reputation points to see examples of successful stories that speak for themselves. Otherwise, people around here would eventually suggest selling a software product since it's a webmasters portal. I, for instance, got involved in developing such a product for someone not so long ago, and up to this date I'm in charge for regular maintenance / upgrades and customer support. This is something you might as well wish to consider investing into.

Clive, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  3. jackie2011ws

jackie2011ws Active Member

Best Answers:
    still trying to get as much traffic as possible...

jackie2011ws, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  4. alexanderallard

alexanderallard Active Member

Best Answers:
    of course there are..try reading entrepreneur magazine.

alexanderallard, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  5. cherie_bah

cherie_bah Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply , i will do it today

when u have a perfect product with perfect price , u can find easily buyers
    that is a traffic :)

thank you very much , its really perfect magazine ,
    looking for more response :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    cherie_bah, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  6. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    yep, eBay was my first venture. I used to sell baseball cards on it about 7 or 8 years ago. I used to have my own I would list and built a client base where I would list for them. This is where the money was, because you could charge a dollar a listing and they would just add it to their shipping costs. So there was no money out of there pocket and nothing but profit for me.

In the beginning it was about $100 a day (8 hour period). Eventually eBay came out with their templates and being able to use them over and over. This was a huge benefit because it allowed an individual to post 200 to 250 a day. You had to strategize what cards were going to be listed and a few other variables, but it was very beneficial.

Since them I'm on to bigger and better things :)

michaelgrisso, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  7. vedaliya

vedaliya Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is enough for it.It depends on various country.If I talk about India.Still people buy from shop or mall.not prefer to buy online because there lots of problem like internet connectivity,don't know how to buy etc.So you need to know where you are going to start you B2C sites.

vedaliya, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  8. shaggymac

shaggymac Active Member

Best Answers:
    What ever you sell, you have to add value to it....if you don't understand what i mean, you need to hit the books!

shaggymac, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't hurt adding some value to whatever you post as well, not everyone is supposed to understand what you mean.

Clive, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  10. SeoFireSale

SeoFireSale Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree.

And lets not let value be an abstract word. If it is valuable to the market then it is valuable for you. People prefer & buy all sorts of junk that I don't consider to be valuable. But it doesn't matter what I think.

Talk to your market. Ask them what they want. Solve a problem, even a small one. "Creating value" doesn't have to mean doing something new.

A business mentor of mine makes 15k+ a month selling weight loss supplements. Are their products really more valuable than the mass of them out there? No. But as long as the market demands these products they will be provided. The value is in what people want not always what a good solution would be. We all know that a weight loss pill isn't the solution to the problem but a product that people buy in relation to it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    SeoFireSale, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  11. classicsports

classicsports Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    i started selling on ebay i had £100 to spend, now its my full time job, and make a good living from it,
    you need to know your product, and what people are willing to pay for it,

classicsports, Aug 22, 2011 IP