1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling domain names vs Selling sites with content

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rywres2010, Jul 3, 2011.

I was wondering, what is easier to get into when it comes to domain name selling vs selling/buying sites with content. I've heard that website flipping is more lucrative, is that true though?. Secondly, is it possible to still sell sites/domains that have no traffic/revenue, or does a little traffic/revenue help?

rywres2010, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  2. AyMiles

AyMiles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic and revenue always helps with the price of the site. Selling sites with content is more hard work but it's a lot more profitable while selling domains is a lot easier to get into but not as profitable.

AyMiles, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  3. Man-Usia

Man-Usia Peon

Best Answers:
    i certainly agree with Aymiles about this

Man-Usia, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  4. rywres2010

rywres2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the insight. Why isn't domain selling not that profitable?.. Also, when selling websites, could I sell them based on the traffic/revenue instead of a page with a massively high PR and a ton of backlinks?, or, is that not a good strategy?..

rywres2010, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  5. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a short, keyword rich, old aged domian name then you can sell it for good value else you should not expect much returns, also the domain extension plays a vital role for it's appraisal. When it comes for selling website with helpful unique content you can demand good amount for a full fledge website compared to selling just the domain name.

Markwebuk, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  6. rywres2010

rywres2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hm. I'll keep that in mind. Are one page Adsense (micro niche) sites (I.E. www.curedepressionnow.com) still profitable for selling?. Also, I had asked this in another part of the forum, but, when it comes to backlinking.. Are one way links still useful?.. I'm asking because, I guess I got kind of confused when it came to the three way link process (how it's actually done). I've read you'd need two sites to do it with, or would link wheels work better in my case?.

rywres2010, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  7. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When you have dictionary word .coms you can make good money or else go with unique content websites they make you good with adsense why would you like to sell them?

imranamen6, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  8. rywres2010

rywres2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would like to sell them to try and make money with them, I'm actually *hoping* to get into domain/website selling/buying full time by the fall. Depending on how busy I will be with college and etc. About the backlinking strategys though, with Adsense sites, would it be wiser to do link wheels, vs 3 way linking?..Considering they won't be more than a few pages.

9. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    the domain names selling is a god option

xXxpert, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  10. rywres2010

rywres2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the confidence boost. To be honest, I'm not looking to make thousands of dollars by selling domains/websites, I'm just looking for something that'll help pay the bills, and maybe offer the chance to have some cash to save for other purchases, so, my expectations aren't like 5,000 monthly. I'd be perfectly fine getting 60 dollars for every domain/site I sold if it came down to it -shrugs-.

11. cardozogary

cardozogary Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice discussion. I am looking for a website selling marketplace. Any thoughts on Gozzel.com

cardozogary, Jul 20, 2011 IP