1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally Making Some Money Online after Three years

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcdwgbiz, Jun 15, 2011.

So the past three years I tried so much stuff to make money online. I have lost a lot of money and I can actually recall the only one time I made money was last year from adsense, I made about $104, it took about 6 months and I was very happy about it but the reality was I had spend way more on crap, quick money schemes and things like that.

In my experience I came to realize I needed to invest in order to offer something of value, so I came across some money that I could invest in and now after the investments I have made about $400 in one month, $115 in adsense and the rest from selling websites. I bought premium themes, paid for plugins to bring traffic, and also bought some sites that are already established to bring in some adsense money. One area I have not seen any money is on affiliate marketing such as clickbank and CJ, or amazon but I have focused my attention on selling websites and it's a good feeling to know someone is actually interested in what I offer.

Bottom line is I think investing wisely is the way to go to make money online.

Take care everyone

mcdwgbiz, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  2. GuidoB

GuidoB Member

Best Answers:
    It took you quit long to make your first money ;)
    I hope you'll make more in the future.

GuidoB, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  3. eldigitos

eldigitos Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck with your future endouvers.

eldigitos, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  4. tatz

tatz Peon

Best Answers:
    Great stuff, your an inspiration because you dont quit!

tatz, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  5. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't give up on affiliates. If you hit the right niche and have a bit of good luck you will do much better than with adsense.

cashmirrors, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  6. AYoungMillionaire

AYoungMillionaire Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it all depends- affiliate marketing is good in some ways, but with Adsense you don't have to sell anything.

That said, just one CPA offer paying $30 is worth a LOT of Adsense clicks!

AYoungMillionaire, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  7. sinclair89

sinclair89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep yourself diversified. Don't get overly attached to one income stream like Adsense. I like to create sites that combine multiple income streams, experiment, and optimize towards one stream if necessary.

sinclair89, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  8. rajalawak

rajalawak Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree diversified is better choice to make sure our income is from different source.

rajalawak, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  9. qriosity

qriosity Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to go! Lesson here for everyone - never quit!

qriosity, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  10. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done! Keep it up. Take the first 3 years as like getting experience and learning curve. Know you have made hundreds that will give you more confidence to go on and make thousands or millions. Keep it up. Importantly, it seems you are enjoying yourself which is great- cos if you do not enjoy doing something, you will give up easily! :)

tradester, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  11. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great news to start. So you have found the light in the tunnel. While there are many like me who are just passing through the dark tunnel in the hope of earning. Wish you all the best. Would you please guide what kind of sites you are making and selling , how much time and efforts you put in, what ranking and pr they have, and what time it takes to sell and how much you really earn on it ?

pradiprg, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  12. dship70

dship70 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this post. I've been feeling a little discouraged myself. I'm a newbie, but I wish I had discovered this forum when I got started.

Oh, and congratulations!!

dship70, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  13. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    It took you so long, but anyway...CONGRATS MAN! :)

miksy123, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  14. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I went to flippa and started watching and studied the sites that had the most bids, so I applied the concepts of those sellers. So far I have WP sites, mostly on entertainment and sports. The very site I sold was a soccer site, then a news site, video games. The first site took me a long time to make but at this point it takes me maybe one hour to make a site. so it depends on how comlex i want to make it creating sub categories, looking for good content, most sites I have sold are starting sites but the selling points I have made are that these have premium themes, premium plugins, autoblogs mostly video sites that google really likes. I have had mostly three day listings, made from $50 to $150 on listings depending on how many sites, what I offer on bonuses.

mcdwgbiz, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  15. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me I have felt very discouraged before lost a lot of money but at the end you gotta keep your goal in front of you. I'm no where near my goal but i'm on my way there

mcdwgbiz, Jul 15, 2011 IP