1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to quickly grow and promote online web store?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tradester, Aug 1, 2011.

Once your online web store is up and running and you have done basic seo/ link building (like directory submissions, press release etc), what features should you add first to your site to gain more traffic, users and therefore buyers?
    Which of following to start first?
    -blog
    -forum
    -mailing list
    -freebies/ coupons offers
    -facebook/twitter promotion

Any other suggestions?

tradester, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  2. bizopp71

bizopp71 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say freebies/coupons offers

bizopp71, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  3. Donutella

Donutella Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you currently have some regular visitors right now? If so, then yes, the freebies/coupons offer can help convince them to actually purchase. You'll also want some convincing e-commerce copy that explains everything they need to know about your product, what makes you stand out from your competition, all of your shipping options and thoroughly explain your secure payment options. Your product descriptions should not be the generic manufacturer ones. Since your competitors may use the same ones, you don't stand out. Use unique descriptions instead. Also, answer all their potential questions to save them time. Said copywriting should also have SEO built in. 

If you don't have any visitors yet, getting active in forums related to your store's industry or niche is a good start. A blog is another great idea. With it, you can post valuable content that'll help your customers for free. When a customer sees you giving out free info, they come to trust you and you become an authority in their eyes. Attach a mailing list to the blog as well. 

Assuming you already have a Facebook and Twitter account and some followers, start tweeting/announcing your promotions or blog posts as they roll in. You can also try socializing with your followers as well. To find more followers, try doing a search for hashtags that's related to your industry or niche and you may see some users show up. Follow them first - most people follow back, especially if you're selling something they have an active interest in. For example, in my Twitter bio I list that I like Korean food. Naturally, random Korean related companies and blogs follow me, and I follow back right away. 

Don't forget to add your links to Facebook and Twitter to your blog, as well as an RSS link for subscribing. 

Personally, I'd go with the blog idea first. Get some well-written, useful articles written up and post them there. You can also consider posting a few to some article directories like GoArticles or EZineArticles. Follow up with the forum plan, then the social media idea. With time, you should be getting targeted visitors, turn them into customers and maintain relationships with them for repeat business.

Donutella, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  4. webbizo

webbizo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm starting a online web store as well, and although I agree that Facebook and twitterare a must... a forum is also a good idea to get your visitors interested.

webbizo, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  5. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely being part of "communities" where your product is discussed is a great place to start - be it forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Is also beneficial because you can get ideas of what's needed just by listening to other participants (you may see a common thread/question/etc).
    A lot of it is about experimentation -- what works for one business may not work as well with yours. Dabble with a few ideas, track them closely (referrers), and go from there...

gotlivechat, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  6. columbiacontent

columbiacontent Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello new here and found this post.
     good forum is Amazon. Many of their physical product is discussed on community pages in a type of mini forum.
    Also, they have a section on the bottom of the product page that directs people to other websites outside of Amazon (similar to adsense ads).

columbiacontent, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  7. IYAN74

IYAN74 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think, if you are able to provide discounted rates or freebies/ coupons offers will be even better

IYAN74, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  8. rickyfantana

rickyfantana Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a little bit of everything. Just be careful because massive SEO at the inception period of your website would get you into trouble. 

rickyfantana, Aug 4, 2011 IP