1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you sell articles online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by irule272, Aug 11, 2011.

I have huge collection of articles that I have made and I haven't publish them yet. I don't have any experience of selling even one article online and I really don't know how's the process.

Let's say I'm going to sell articles here in DigitalPoint, What would be the process?

Will I show to buyer 1st the full article 1st of just a part of the article? (I'm confused on this one because there would be a trust issue if I show the full article and trust issue on the side of the buyer if the article is really unique)

I hope to get a feedback especially to those article's seller here in digitalpoint.

Thanks!

irule272, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are worry about it, then it is still fine to show partial of the article
    However, I normally only show the title, then I will give the sample to the buyer before pay for the article if the buyer with high itrade, else I might consider to get the payment before send the articles

lifeplayer, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  3. chrishonda

chrishonda Peon

Best Answers:
    LifePlayer is right. It's customary to receive payment before sending the articles. What you could do is write a couple of sample articles and set up a simple website with them (and some testimonials, as you get them). When you sell on the forum, you can direct people to see your work at this website. It can also have your payment buttons and such, to make things even easier for you. And of course, you can then promote your own website as well as sell on forums!

Good luck! :)

chrishonda, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  4. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @iRule272 - all depends on the quality and niche of your articles. Let me take it one by one.

If you think that the articles are very high quality (grammar and language wise) and are rich in content, you can submit some of the best ones to sites like constant content.

You should first evaluate the cost of the articles. If you are a newbie, there is no simple way of doing this... but you will have to do something about having an approximate valuation of each of your articles. You can submit some of the average ones to other sites like DailyArticle (veryyyy slow in selling, may even take months).

DP does have great buyers.. but if your article topics/niche is not high CPA, you may find it difficult to sell them for a decent price..

I would suggest, keep the articles and look around and see if people are posting about (WTB threads) such content. Then if you make that offer, you get a pretty good price. Even then, you'll have to do quite a bit of selling.

About the samples...
    - like chrishonda suggested, create a site and have some samples there .. or excerpts of the articles. I sold a big pack that way. I had several legal articles (personal injury claim) and there were all good quality, unique articles. I put 5 of them on a website and then posted about my set of 40 on DP. I had to wait before one of teh several offers from DP buyers materialized, but I got okay money for those. (The 5 articles on the site will not get sold since they are on the website and have been indexed by Google).
    - you can take screenshots of parts of the articles and put in your DP [WTS] thread. That way, the content won't get indexed by Google and no one can simply copy it.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

WebBuddy, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  5. Discoverizon

Discoverizon Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you would need to sell them to an established niche authority site..They could always make do with fresh content from affiliates and doing this is a fantastic little way to help them and help your bank account simultaneously.

Another way is to use those articles as a base to spin further articles from them. Assuming you can find products or sites to link those articles to, this would be pretty useful way to build up your link juice.

Discoverizon, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  6. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to those who put quality posts on my thread.

I have visited the content section and it's so sad that price of articles now is so low and I might have a hard time selling all these quality articles here in DP. :(

irule272, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have high quality articles, you can just put up 2-3 samples on a website and small clips of the others on there and then just post the link to your signatures. You will find decent buyers sooner or later.

WebBuddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  8. CAPTAMERICA

CAPTAMERICA Peon

Best Answers:
    HI
    One different approach could be useful in long term if you really write very well then you should Apply for an account with few revenue-sharing website such as Associated Content, Bright Hub and Suite101and google few others. These websites buy the articles upfront and generally for a modest fee of around $3 to $10, on average. When your article gets published on the site, those will be read by visitors. You can then earn royalties from your articles which are published when read and viewed. The amount depends on different sites to which you publish, but is mostly set on a payment term as per thousand page views.

cheers
    Capt America

CAPTAMERICA, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  9. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've sold many articles I've written, and I've always received payment prior to sending the articles.

I guess that's where trust comes into play.

You can get a few articles published as maybe Guest Blog posts and let people see your writing style.

Cbrooker, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  10. Reedo

Reedo Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a thread ?
    Setup a site, direct people so they can see a list of titles/ 1st sentence samples of the quality...
    Check the forums
    Elance- speak with them, or text brokers...

Hope that helps, gets you going...!

Reedo, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  11. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a simple blog to showcase your writing skills. This can be done free of charge if necessary at Blogger or Wordpress.com, but if you can afford hosting and a domain name, you'd be better off creating a 'self-hosted' blog on your own website, using Wordpress.org.

Post a simple description of your services, along with 2 or 3 sample articles. Make sure that everything on the sample blog is well laid out and professionally written. Then direct your prospects to it. This will give them a clear indication of your skills without you having to take the risk of writing a partial article for them before receiving any payment.

Golden Touch, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  12. Tolovaj

Tolovaj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I agree with majority, for best price you need some kind of on-line portfolio. Cheapest way is making a blog on free blogging platform and set some examples on. Vary the subjects and length of your articles to show your diversity of your knowledge. It is hard to sell already written articles, but you can find buyers in some niches if you are willing to adept articles to their needs. Highest price for me came from marketing agencies which represent big companies but this field is very competitive. If you have no name and connections, it is better to visit some SEO related forums and lok for threats dealing with optimisation. There are almost always web mastersin need for good articles but unfortunately they are not willing to pay big bucks (I am talking about 5-10 bucks per article). Well, this could be start...
    One more thing. Beware of copyright. You can easily sell good article for 3 dollars and see how somebody else earns hundreds with it!
    Enjoy:)

Tolovaj, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  13. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask the admin the correct process, if you follow any other that would probably get your account banned, so what would be use.

unknownpray, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  14. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling articles online can be a win-win situation: you get paid for your writing and the buyer gets written content to use on his website or for some other purpose. Almost anything can be written and sold, which means you have the freedom to write on any topic. You can market your articles in a few different ways after you write them, including directly to buyers and to revenue-share sites.

jhardy2008, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  15. siocowiz

siocowiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can package them as a Private Label Rights (PLR) articles. Sell them on Clickbank or DigitalPoint. It has high profits.

You can also try posting them on Triond. You get commission for their adsense

siocowiz, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  16. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create WSO and sell them in different IM forums.I also have heard about a network name articlesale dot com where you can place your articles for sale.Although I did not use it myself but try to inmvestigate about them.

shuvo, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  17. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also check out Constant-Content.com. You can make anywhere between $20 and $100+ per article by selling 'single-usage' rights via their market place. Their standards are relatively high, and they have been known to ban people's account for imperfect grammar / spelling etc, but if you are a good enough writer, the rewards can be far greater than most other content brokers.

Golden Touch, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  18. sam770

sam770 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    build yourself a site and sell it there

sam770, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  19. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yes, having your own site could form PART of a strategy, but you're missing out a huge chunk of the puzzle. This would be completely pointless unless the OP knows how to drive customers to his site. You can't just "BUILD IT" and hope they will come. You would need to actively promote your site via existing forums or classified ads.

Golden Touch, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  20. pritesh3232

pritesh3232 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Associatedcontent.com

pritesh3232, Aug 28, 2011 IP