1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to website business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ralph richard, Aug 25, 2011.

Hi users;

I would like to know the first steps to have a good website business, is it better if i build it all from scratch or buying it will be easier. best hosting companies???

Thank you guys

ralph richard, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  2. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    best to to buy but its costly and if your newbie i suggest you learn it from scratch lots ot tutorials on how to set a website on youtbe to get you going.

sarhad12, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  3. siocowiz

siocowiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best hosting companies: HostGator (the best!) and Brainhost
    Hostgator is great because you can host UNLIMITED domains there.
    Best domain hosting: NameCheap and GoDaddy
    Best platform: Wordpress (the best!!!!!)
    PM me if you need more advice.

siocowiz, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  4. Chrisz@AlertPay

Chrisz@AlertPay Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of factors to consider, and they very widely based on the type of business you are trying to set up. What industry are you looking at setting up in? Retail? marketing? ads?

Chrisz@AlertPay, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  5. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having Good content is always considered as first step for the success of a site.However you also can buy a site and you need to have good knowledge on buying a developed site otherwise all of your money can be wasted.

shuvo, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  6. blakkvers

blakkvers Peon

Best Answers:
    Website business like any other business, needs planning. I believe you first to plan on what you want to do or achieve on the web, the kind of niche or business you'll like to go into eg. affiliate marketing, web hosting, online advertising etc.
    If for example you want to go into online advertising (or goolge adsense), it's proper you get for yourself a couple good websites in varies niches to be able to get more ads out there. With this plan, you can consider signing up for a web hosting reseller account for as low as $10 - $50 a month which can host as many websites as you want and even sell some to you friends (this is a business on it own), rather than just buying a website or simple hosting package. This gives you the opportunity to run multiple online businesses.
    The bottom line is planning!!

blakkvers, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  7. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can start your self. It will easy to you know all attributes of site.

jhardy2008, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  8. probo1

probo1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Get Joomla! + Good Hosting + Good Marketting..
    All is good then.

probo1, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  9. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest using WordPress as a content management - Wordpress is used by top web entrepreneurs for there online businesses and it does not slow down the server compared to other scripts - best thing is, you can hire someone to customize the theme of the site, which would be a lot cheaper, compared to creating a whole website from scratch (its really not needed anymore).

IamPower, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  10. blackout0826

blackout0826 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I advice you to build it from scratch you WordPress. It's less costly and you'll be able to modify it as you prefer in the future

blackout0826, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  11. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Hostgator is good but being able to host UNLIMITED domains is not what makes HG great cos almost every other hosting offer packages allows unlimited domains these days :)

tradester, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  12. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. Well said. It isn't simple answer of one or other. Answer depends on many variables like type of business, niche etc :)

tradester, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  13. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Build from scratch! Then you now how websites work and how to value them. If you go in and buy a website now 1.You may pay too much for it 2. You won't understand it. Don't get ripped off being new to webmastery and buying your first website. Although if you want to buy the directories in my sig pm me :) LOL

sambling, Sep 9, 2011 IP