1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking Plugin Help! What Facebook Share Widget Is This?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jvfconsulting, Aug 5, 2011.

Since Facebook canned the API for the "share" button widget thing on my blog, I've been on the hunt for a new one. Turns out the Facebook website only allows you to create a "Like" button which is lame! Since I specifically need a "Share" button that allows users to edit the post before it publishes it to their wall, I've been on the hunt for a new one. I just found one I really like, but I can't tell where its from, and how to get it? Can someone help me? The share widget that I'm talking about is located in the top left of the news story and has the title "Share This Story". Thanks in advance for your help!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/austerity-priority-economy-deficit-hawks_n_917138.html

jvfconsulting, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  2. Toycel

Toycel Peon

Best Answers:
    What platform are your running your site on?
    if it is a CMS platform then there are plugins that can be used to get the share button you describe. 

Toycel, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  3. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    The CMS I use is custom built, there are no plugins, I add the scripts myself.

jvfconsulting, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using a Content Management System, then you can easily add more Social media buttons by the help of a simple plugin.

unknownpray, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  5. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks captain obvious!?! I was asking what the name of the specific plugin is.

jvfconsulting, Aug 26, 2011 IP