1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to treat rude clients

Discussion in 'General Business' started by freebieguru.com, Aug 27, 2011.

Hello,

I recently came across a very rude client who treats me like his servant. He often blackmails that he leaves negative itrade if I did not meet the deadline. I am actually processing his order at high speed and is going to deliver the report before deadline.

He did not pay me yet (he has Zero itrade here). He ordered article marketing live links, I created accounts and sent him email id and submission details with list of directories with their PR just as an update. Its just 2 days after his order, i sent an update. He asks where are the live links, I said that I have just sent an update report and live link report will be sent after compiling live urls of the articles and articles need approvals.

He says he don't want such updates as they are useless and also he says email id has junk.... the email has activation links and that email is created for the purpose of submission. He says I am talking rubbish :confused:

Again yesterday, he asked for an update. I said that i completed account creation for other 2 sites (he ordered 3 sites for submission) and I am submitting articles right now. Its a single line reply that I have sent.

He asked for details, when I am explaining, he says "Stop nonsense" :mad:

The way he types, like he orders a servant :mad: and he blackmails of negative itrade.

I don't bother for the negative here...... but I want to know how you people treat rude clients especially who are total noobs.

Regards

freebieguru.com, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You don't need them they need you so get rid of them and find better clients. Smart clients know this and treat you with respect if you are good at what you do. You should never be in a situation where you need a client to make money, since you can always work on your own sites. By the sounds of it you are dealing with a child and not a client.

dcristo, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you'll need to learn how to deal with rude clients or you're gonna go mad in no time . In fact turning rude guys to thankful guys is one of the best skills you should learn .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  4. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd be sceptical of him paying at all.

Remain professional, finish the work you agreed to and never deal with him again. Customers like this tend to end up being a huge drain on time.

benjaminp, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  5. pritesh3232

pritesh3232 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very upset when i come upon situatations as such....hate clients who are rude

pritesh3232, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  6. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you desperately need his custom, my advice would be to get rid of this unpleasant individual as soon as humanly possible. It's not worth the stress of dealing with a client who treats you so disrespectfully. You are worth more than that.

Golden Touch, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  7. wellter

wellter Peon

Best Answers:
    the customer still don't pay you a cent but being rude??(he/she is a millionare?)
    i think better get rid of him :)

wellter, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You only get walked on if you let people walk all over you.

browntwn, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  9. boldpunter

boldpunter Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is to finish the job the best you can and, if he does leave any negative feedback about you, make sure you also respond publicly to explain what you have explained in your first post. Funnily enough, negative feedback isn't always that detrimental because other people looking to hire you know that clients can often be difficult and make allowances for this so don't let him use this to blackmail you. Once you've finished the job with him just don't work with him again and find some better people to work with. There's always the odd bad apple in every walk of life, the main thing is not to let it get you down and rise above it.

boldpunter, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  10. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have to figure out your own way to deal with them there is no ultimate solution for this kind of problem. But as Apocalypse already said you need to find a way or they will ruin you. If nothing is working get rid of them and find new more polite ones ;)

Sensei.Design, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  11. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you finish the task that you were paid for and not work with him anymore. If it was a long term contract and you can't work with him anymore, let him know and refund any unused money. I wouldn't deal with such client!

ablaye, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  12. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just try to kind with the rude buyers, buyers are always god.

abhijit, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  13. moredred

moredred Member

Best Answers:
    I encounter rude clients occasionally. I like to "beat them over the head with niceness". When they complain or demand, provide a professional response and include some butt-kiss bs comments like: "and I really like your idea here, it's really unique" and "your dead on with that one, I will do everything in my power to satisfy .... " even if you intend to do it or not. Make them feel they are always right and important.

moredred, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  14. Bauger

Bauger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I get rude people daily through my email marketing. I just politely answer them and simply move on. That always seem to work for me because you are kind in your reply.

Bauger, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  15. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think give him a lovely smile....

jhardy2008, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  16. DovieKnoll

DovieKnoll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just submit the report and don't ever transact with that client again.

DovieKnoll, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  17. Jason87

Jason87 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that you just want to get ride of him/her but this is not a smart thing to do, becuase it's not good for your reputation and that of your business/service. My advice to you is first to take care of your self. Don't let him/here let you do tasks that are not nececery. Let him on a friendly way know what you can do and can not do for him. and let him/here know that you dont liked it if he/she send you blackmails and that that only slow the proces donw and that even can lead to not delevery at all. Just mention to him/her the behavair that you dont like but do this on a friendly way. Keep on smilling but dont let him tread you like a slave and you dont have to do things that you didnt promesd.To avoid this kind of customers in the futer just make terms of pollicy and give them to your clients before they buy from you. Here you have mention things like delevry-time, money-bakc guarentees etc. your rulesSo you have always something to fall back on.

Jason87, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  18. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell him to go fuck himself (well, you can be a little more polite if you want to) and let somebody else deal with his crap. All this time you're spending working for him is time that could be spent working for somebody else who's not treating you like crap. Since he's hiring you, he needs to trust you to do your job, which you are. There's no reason for him to be treating you like this. And if you ask me, this sounds a like a setup for the old "I don't like your work so I'm not going to pay you" trick. You're going to do all the work and he's going to make up some bullshit excuse for not paying you. It's happened to me countless times.

He has no iTraders, no respect, and he's not going to pay you. Dump him.

pbmann1213, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  19. freebieguru.com

freebieguru.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello friends,

I did really find lot of useful suggestions here on this thread. Personally this is the best thread for me as I learned something new here that relates to me(as I have to deal with no.of clients). Being in IM for 4 years now, I have seen so many ups and downs and always forums like DP helped me in giving guidance and helpful tips. I have seen scammers, i lost money, but that is just one side of coin. I see lot of Internet Marketers are giving nice guidance and tips spending time here in the forum... thank you all.

The client paid me around 35% and he is happy with my work as i have sent him reports. Waiting for the remaining money to get paid.

freebieguru.com, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  20. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smile, do the job and hopefully get paid, if he does not pay remove the work you have done.

geester1, Sep 3, 2011 IP