1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of this idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by oletsdoit, Aug 31, 2011.

Hi all,

I've been contemplating make a website called "1 hour websites", with a related domain name to offer quick website setup.

Now, before you say "GL BRO WITH MAKING A WEBSITE IN AN HOUR TROLOLOLOL" - let me explain what services I'm offering and how I'll go about providing them.

The plan would be to offer guaranteed website setup within 1 hour (note that i'll have in the TOS some circumstances can delay this). Customers who don't have a domain or hosting will be able to watch my videos/guide how to set those up (i'll also make affiliate commission off those).

So they'll setup their domain and hosting and then send us the login credentials. They will then go to dreamtemplate.com, themeforest.net or some other template related site and pick a template they want and send us the link. We will then purchase the template (up to 25$ templates only) and install it for them.

INCLUDES (but not limited to):
    Wordpress installations
    Shopping cart installations
    Forum software installations

We will also offer some bonuses with the purchase like free 5 revisions or so (help them get content up, plugins and whatnot uploaded).

NOTE - This does NOT include any custom programming or designing. This is simply getting them a fully designed website integrated and setup on their hosting.

The differentiation will come in with the speed of the service, as we know how impatient everyone is.

I will not be targeting people who need a crazy designed and programmed website, more so people who need an information website or want a simple setup.

Probably would charge between 75-100$ (includes a free website template which costs 25$)

What do you guys think? Constructive criticism welcome'd.

oletsdoit, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  2. Domenic Carlson

Domenic Carlson Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea... the biggest problem I see is that occasionally themes don't work perfectly and need troubleshooting. If the client selected a really bad one you'd be on the hook for it - no idea if cheaper themes are more likely to have issues. Maybe you do this to start and then develop a list of "approved themes" which come with a robust guarantee. Also why are you buying the theme, but only up to $25? That will make people try to pick something they want as close to $25 as possible to get the most value, when maybe a free theme or a $60 theme is right for them. The last thing you want to do is take someone who is close to buying but not under contract, send them to a site with 1000 options, and tell them they can only have 200 of those thousand. Finally, I think your price is too low. You can charge more, especially if there's a value add like getting to watch the initial setup via remote desktop and get a recording of it later.

Domenic Carlson, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  3. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    Domenic,

Thank you for your reply! You bring up some very valid points that I have marked down. It'd definitely be a smart idea to find the templates we know we can be uploaded within a time frame (with known compatibility) to ensure the process is streamlined.

I also am taking into consideration raising the price and then offering more template choices as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just as a side note, the reason I'm shooting with 1 hour deal is in assisting in marketing. We would definitely use it as a way to grab attention and get people attracted with the short time frame of seeing something actually live on the web so quick.

oletsdoit, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there market for it.

Client will go to the theme forest then purchase the theme.

They will setup it by themselves as it not that require technical skill compare to setting up dedicated server.

mentos, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  5. mozza1321

mozza1321 Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem I can see is that you will need to be at the computer 24/7 to be ready for an order and to get it done within the hour, and if you have two orders at one time, you are going to need more staff, right? This could all cost more than it is worth.

mozza1321, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  6. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.Manpower will remain big problem for you.Think what if you cant provide website within an hour for any reason.

bharatmax, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  7. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

I appreciate the feedback and point of views! As for the time frame thing, I will set hours of service probably 9AM PST - 9 PM PST so that it won't have to be 24/7. I luckily run another small business (isn't time consuming) and am already on my computer all day. I do additionally have another partner that can work with me.

Thanks for the input!

oletsdoit, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  8. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    mentos,

Thanks for the response! The market I'd be aiming at is for people who have little to no computer knowledge. People who mainly only know how to use email. But where I want to reel others in who are on the line would be the price, which I want to keep as small as possible.

oletsdoit, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  9. londonwebdesign

londonwebdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea!

londonwebdesign, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  10. 88dbsakthi

88dbsakthi Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea. But what about the template/theme license.
    Whether you will purchase the product once and use it for many domains or exclusive purchase? If it purchased only once ,does it the theme license allowed it to share with multiple domains?

88dbsakthi, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  11. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    88dbsakthi,

Thanks for the post. I plan on using dreamtemplate.com or themeforest.net for template selection (compatible ones). Dreamtemplate allows up to 50 uses of their templates for our client usage. So it easily pays itself off since its 60$ for a subscription.

oletsdoit, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  12. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    bump it up! I appreciate the feedback, ideas and constructive criticism.

oletsdoit, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  13. eniggma

eniggma Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its a pretty good idea.

eniggma, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  14. eniggma

eniggma Peon

Best Answers:
    Btw please make sure you have a business plan laid well with all this.

eniggma, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  15. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely!

oletsdoit, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  16. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    hummmm... let think

jhardy2008, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  17. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's a great idea but you will need someone as a backup (if you get two orders at the same time). You should also work 24/7 and that's impossible! But the idea is good!

miksy123, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  18. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    miksy123,

I agree, luckily I have a brother whose just as experienced if not more to help with orders. As soon as orders are picking up and we have the capability to run 24/7 orders we will definitely do so!

oletsdoit, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  19. Ambassy

Ambassy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea. I do indeed think that the demand is there. So many rookies out there who got problems setting up a basic website.

Ambassy, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  20. oletsdoit

oletsdoit Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty much (roughly) who we are aiming for. And since it's not a incredibly complex process we plan to keep the price as low as possible. Thanks for the response!

oletsdoit, Sep 5, 2011 IP