1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tourism and Writing make money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mirodenia, Sep 13, 2011.

Hi,

I would like to mix my talent at writing with traveling and I don't find a proper solution/proposal for the potential market/clients.
    I know in some countries people make money out of this.
    What I know is to make a blog, a very good one, to market it well and I write very nice, people enjoy what I write.
    But I can not find the link between them. There are some known tourism bloggers in my country, not very good. I would like to have my trips paid and me paid for writing.
    What can I do?
    I ask you because maybe there is a solution modern and not experienced in my country for making money out of writing tourism reviews, blogging and general online business.
    Can you help me with an idea please? How is in other countries? Did you experience this situation?
    I spoked today with a travel agency owner, a small one and she told me she wouldn't pay me for this because her clients are interested only on the price range, they are not influenced of the internet bla bla. So, I must find another idea of traveling and writing. Can you help me please? Promise I would take you with me in a trip if I got the idea how to mix them.
    Thank you very, very much.

Mirodenia, Sep 13, 2011 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  2. rabnebanadijodi

rabnebanadijodi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a finance related site if u want then we cant link exchange with each other.<a href="http://www.rabnebanadijodi.in/" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.rabnebanadijodi.in/"></a>

rabnebanadijodi, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  3. rabnebanadijodi

rabnebanadijodi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a finance related site if u want then we cant link exchange with each other.

rabnebanadijodi, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  4. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    a reply to my post or a general answer?
    If somebody can really help with an idea, please.
    Thanks.

Mirodenia, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  5. mkaren

mkaren Peon

Best Answers:
    tourism is seasonal. if you like blogging then why not set a blog about tourism and put affiliate products in your site rather that seek for a traveling agency to hire you to blog about there agency.That why you could attract agency within your niche to advertise on your blog.

mkaren, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  6. joshtimber

joshtimber Peon

Best Answers:
    Tourism contents are needed at many places. You just need to find it.

joshtimber, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  7. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the idea. What affiliate products do you have in mind? I realy don't know.
    Do you think is an impossible idea or is not happening in real life somebody to travel, to write and to gain money out of this?
    Thank you.

Mirodenia, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  8. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Duh, travel niche has lots of affiliate products like airtickets/ airlines, hotels, tours/packages, events, You can sign up for affiliate programmes like Commission Junction- they will have lots of affiliate products you can become reseller for for eg. travel sites like expedia, travelocity etc etc.
    It is not impossible idea for somebody to be paid to blog about travel but usually these are famous people/ celebs who easily generate traffic/ visitors to their blog when they blog cos famous people automatically have some sort of authority/ credibility when they blog.
    No offence, if you are nobody, you will be like millions of other bloggers who struggle to make their blog be well known so that traffic/ visitors will come. Like nobody who eventually become somebody, you will need to start from bottom and start blogging without being paid until your blog becomes well known.
    Nobody will pay a nobody money to blog about their travels cos millions of nobodies will also want to be paid. :)

tradester, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  9. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are perfectly right. I am a nobody in this business. I made some interesting blogs for myself and this is all.
    I am afraid I have to quit because I don't have years to become a somebody...
    There is somebody, somewhere to tell me what are the areas - topics with high traffic? What interest people more and more?
    THANK you.

10. serena85

serena85 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a talent in traveling?! I think we all have that talent.

serena85, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  11. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry, where in my posts I said this?

12. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    IF you already know how to do this then what's the problem? Just do the above and build up a high traffic website. Monetize it with adsense or affiliate ads and you'll generate enough money to travel and do whatever you want.

Now if you don't posses the skill to make money off blogging then obviously this is not for you.

abdussamad, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  13. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am a member of some forums but people so nice and ready to help somebody like here on Digital Point I never met.
    Thanks.
    I know to make blogs, I learned something about SEO and Google adsense seems difficult for me.
    The topics/content I know what to write and how is:

- Finding love
    - Jobs all over the world
    - How to get a job, interview techniques
    - I have some english language receipe
    - How to catch your cheating spouse
    - How to attract any girl

My problem is that I already have 3 blogs, personal ones, made in my language which doesn't generate money because the clicks are not so high coming from Europe.
    I imagine myself writing about a high interest topic and earning money quickly.
    But again, I don't know what topic to chose and I am messed up already with my 3 other blogs.
    I think about an interactive blog, something to make people participate on discussion, to vote for something, to do something....
    Oh, hard...
    Again, thanks to the nice people and administrators of Digital Point.

14. Bhavna Khanna

Bhavna Khanna Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a Tours and Travel site in india.

Bhavna Khanna, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  15. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    what can I do for you then?
    Or maybe you have advice for me?
    Thanks.

16. alex900

alex900 Member

Best Answers:
    Tourism business is a big industry and it offer a lot of opportunities.
    You can do this business either on the internet or as a local agent. You can sell flight tickets, accommodation, meals, shopping, entertainment, rental, and other services.

alex900, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  17. GlobeNat

GlobeNat Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are sure about your writing skills, write nice articles about your previous travels with good pictures and try selling them to travel magazines or online resources. Create your own blog too where you should write a lot. Before somebody will pay for your travel you should earn your name for it, so create a strong portfolio.
    I know a lot of people in this industry, they travel a lot and make their living on writing and photography, but they are really good at what they are doing. And all of them have their own blogs or even we-portals which bring them even more money.
    Good luck!

GlobeNat, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  18. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To be paid travel writer, you need to find the sponsor. Normally those people who like to become travel writer will contact those travel magazine, they actually looking for travel writer time to time

lifeplayer, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  19. jacksonpeter

jacksonpeter Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, it is the best way to earn money

jacksonpeter, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  20. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which one is the best idea?
    I understand it is not so easy to become a travel writer....

Mirodenia, Sep 15, 2011 IP