1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of website should i start?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Investdeluxe, Sep 20, 2011.

Hey guys,

I really want to start a new website but i have no idea where to start or what niche to choose or anything, I know everyone says choose a niche that you enjoy, but i have no clue what i would like to create a website about that would actually be successful.. I want to make a website / blog that can make me some decent money on Google adsense or with some Affiliate networks or something. What is successful these days?

Investdeluxe, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. bloggerkaye

bloggerkaye Peon

Best Answers:
    If your primary OR only motivation to set up a website is to earn money, you will either fail in your venture or earn only a few cents before losing interest to continue. You need to invest in something that you believe in. You also need to exert effort to make it work, even through the "zero profit" times.

Find something that you know in your heart will make you earn money. And exert effort to make it work. Keep yourself undeterred even through the toughest times. If you do all these, not only will you earn well; you will earn more than what you expected to earn. Good luck!

bloggerkaye, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  3. webmasterpro

webmasterpro Peon

Best Answers:
    If your goal is to eventually make money, start a site with direct marketing opportunities. For example travel sites can sell tickets.

webmasterpro, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  4. Investdeluxe

Investdeluxe Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions and advice it helped me choose something that I will enjoy doing as a hobby and not just for revenue.

Investdeluxe, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you start your website on Auto Industry Updates.

jhardy2008, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  6. Nathan2525

Nathan2525 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can make most markets successful with a bit of time and effort.
    That is why it's important to do something you like as you way more
    likely to make it successful.

Nathan2525, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  7. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason, I like the way the original poster worded his question. Even if it's a question that's been asked over and over again, at least he put some effort into actually making it understandable.

Nowadays, no matter what people say, the Internet marketing niche is booming. Everyone and anyone can just about put up a product and sell crap that they didn't even write themselves. It's gotten a little bit out of control and if you put some effort into it, you can get a piece of the pie. Do your research, observe how people make money and apply the things you've learned to your own venture.

ronharper, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  8. mtmjohn

mtmjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you choose a niche like dating, health/beauty or make money online. They are all ever-green niches. ;)

mtmjohn, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  9. celestrist

celestrist Peon

Best Answers:
    You might wanna enter the "money-making" niche since
    your "passion" is "making money".

Do the things you like and be more free is the whole point
    of being an entrepreneur, online or offline. Otherwise, why
    not find a decent job? It can surely get you money, maybe
    even more.

Just my thought

celestrist, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  10. GlobeNat

GlobeNat Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that if you really want to make money online then you should make a site about what is interesting for you. You will need to constantly work with your site, promote it, improve your SERPs for the choosen keywords etc. So choose the niche which seems appealing to you. Actually if you are interested in making money online - you can create a site for this subject, and working on this site you will find out and learn a lot more things than what you already know now.

GlobeNat, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  11. ichszan

ichszan Peon

Best Answers:
    First main thing you should consider within is do your best on keyword research.

ichszan, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  12. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if invited to join Amazon Vine, you could do worse. Firstly, you would need to review lots of stuff you'd already bought from Amazon before. I like it as I get to try out different products before they're released to the general public, for nothing! Then you could post them on your blog. I recommend you contact Word Press for a free blog template. I hope I've been of some use.

SeniorWarden6407, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  13. sdgroot45

sdgroot45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make a site based on a popular search engine keyword

sdgroot45, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  14. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Start whatever you enjoy. If you don't enjoy things you do, soon you'll get bored. Trust me, I've been there.

g36, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  15. Investdeluxe

Investdeluxe Member

Best Answers:
    My passion isn't making money, and I already have a job. I am looking to start a project that will be interesting and possibly make some revenue in the future ;).
    I am more interested in making a good website and promoting it nicely then anything ^^ , I enjoy the website that i created. I think that i might eventually make an 18+ website, but i don't know how saturated that market is at the moment. Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone!

Investdeluxe, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  16. livedating

livedating Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should start the website about what you really like to do, or what you would like to share with other people.
    Don't think about revenue, ask yourself what you're good at which can help others?
    18+ niche exploits people's vices, so think twice about your karma before entering this market :)

livedating, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  17. GlobeNat

GlobeNat Peon

Best Answers:
    If your passion is not money only and you want to feel proud of your project then creating a 18+ site is not a good idea. Think what new and useful you can do, I doubt that one more 18+ website can do any good for making our world better.

GlobeNat, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  18. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt how can a 18+ site be helpful or do better?

If your website is providing some great information about anything that people look for, it would be better site. There are many websites niche that could be good to start but really not 18+!

alexdoerr, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  19. Mackster2

Mackster2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest reselling new fad products and a real cool shopping cart. I'm trying a few school poster products including the new solar system and some 3d items that are all the rave

Mackster2, Sep 22, 2011 IP
    tusharh likes this.
  20. nightteacher

nightteacher Member

Best Answers:
    What do you like more? That`s the answer, blog about it.

nightteacher, Sep 22, 2011 IP