1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a v1.2 glype proxy and that plays YouTube videos alright so I can only assume it's your setup at fault. Hosting at home??? I bet that's against your isp terms. Have you got a proper server there? Is it setup properly? What about bandwidth issues when it gets busy? It's far from the ideal solution. You mention reliability but if you get power outages how's yours different? Try it on proper proxy hosting, it's cheap enough nowadays, or use free proxy hosting if you don't want to spend money. You can't go about this half hearted if you're serious, invest now to reap the rewards later, have you learned nothing from reading this thread :)

edit: newbie191 beat me to an answer but what he said too.

UncleP, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  2. cybertr0ne

cybertr0ne Peon

Best Answers:
    Well about my hosting, I started all for fun. I had an old pc around so I said, let's use it for something. At the same time I discovered the proxy business :) I talked to the boss of my ISP and he said it's not problem to host at home. Also my bandwidth is unlimited and my speed is incredible. More than my router can handle for sure. Speed test shows 90MBit download / 70Mbit upload (not all the time but something around that) witch is not bad for about $10-12 per month. The PC is with 256MB RAM but even that I've seen up to 60 users online with no speed problems. Actually I can take something better if the traffic araise will see.
    But what to do with the youtube plugin I wonder. It worked fine until I found it broken (or something else). May be from youtube saw some suspicious behavior from my ip and limited something. Is that possible?

Also I find it very hard to monetize the proxified pages like most of you. So far I tried Smotion, TrafficRevenu, PopAds, Bidvertiser, Adbrite (rejected), Adversal (not answer), MediaShakers (not answer), Global Interactive (no answer) and may be more... All of them suck. I tried some affiliate, it's even worse. No sales at all. I redirect the bad traffic and still nothing.... I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about direct sale of ads on low prices. It's a long shot but what else I've got?

cybertr0ne, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  3. victor9011

victor9011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Adversal for proxified pages( if you will get accepted). Also edomz is good( I am making 5$ per month with them on my five proxies that receive about 400 UV per day). With adversal I make about 15$ per month.

victor9011, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  4. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adversal are a bunch of !@#$%^&. I applied and they never replied.

Question

Anybody tried email and zip submit, payper install offers on proxified pages. Also there are vpn affiliate programs out there. Anybody had success with them? Or even content lockers? I have no ads on proxified pages at the moment. I think leaving them without ads is better than earning a few cents per day.

newbie191, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  5. rocksfan

rocksfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    smowtion is not accepting proxies anymore, they used to be best option for proxies
    trafficrevenue's ads are annoying and earning is horrible
    popads, earning horrible and ads are annoying( new company, i dont trust them)
    bidvertiser sucks for proxies, they dotn accept also
    adbrite dont accept proxy
    Adversal is best for proxies, must get approved in this one
    mediashaker's , earning is horrible but pays on time
    Global Interative, they are scammers, they scammed me 50$, they are gone. website do exists but dont expect any answer from them, they owe millions of $ to publishers

rocksfan, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  6. cybertr0ne

cybertr0ne Peon

Best Answers:
    Hard times for proxy advertising I see.
    I don't know why there is almost no option for banners on proxified pages. It's legitimate ads after all. Visitors see it, if they are interested click on it. What make it worse than the others?

What guys thing for OpenX?
    I use it for few weeks and there is option to serv ads from their big openx market advertisers.
    The problem is that they serv no more that 4000 impressions / day even if I have about 30 000 impressions in total.
    Even that it's good ad management tool. If someone have bigger success with them let share some advices

cybertr0ne, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  7. linkauthor

linkauthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  8. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    I tried VPN affiliate programs, no one even click it.

Greyhound, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  9. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'm selling "Top Proxy" spots on my PR2 proxy listing site.

Traffic: 1,300+ Unique Views /day 80% Organic!

$5 /month only.

3 spots left!

geekos, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  10. victor9011

victor9011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    victor9011, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  11. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it looks simple and clean and aeasy to navigate

geekos, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  12. rocketship

rocketship Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to post through a proxy at work, and one of the sites I like to read has installed Block Script which blocks proxies. Is there any way to get around this?

rocketship, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  13. rocketship

rocketship Peon

Best Answers:
    www.aceypn.com

rocketship, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  14. b232

b232 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got about 10 proxy websites, i need to advertise them (free if possible), any idea on how to do it fast and with high traffic gain (good websites to advertise)? (there are a lot of proxy lists websites, some just live for a few days and go off..)

pm me if possible, good return traffice proxy list i can offer advertise on my sites

b232, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  15. luxon17

luxon17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't know much about proxies until i read this threads. Thanks for sharing those links

luxon17, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  16. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    sambling, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  17. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Friends have a look at this
    Some atproxy list sites are acting strange. For example I tried submitting to this site allproxies(dot)biz
    After signing in I click on submit proxy and fill in the details and click next and it shows this error.

I am getting the same error on many other atproxy type sites. Is this a bug or something? Anybody else having this problem? What's going on? :mad:

P.S. Also these brandnewproxies(dot)net httpproxy(dot)us eatproxy(dot)com internetproxy(dot)us

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    newbie191, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  18. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing they've changed recently and did used to work, there are some recent entries. I had a quick look and I too found the same problem submitting. I guess they updated it and forgot to change the file references. submit-proxy.php is the normal input file for this script but they're using submit.php instead now, as linked on the side nav menu. however they're also using the templates/submit-proxy.tpl file still and haven't changed the reference to submit-proxy.php at line #4 in the .tpl file: <form method="post" action="submit-proxy.php">, they need to change it to:<form method="post" action="submit.php"> for it to work properly. It is up to the site owner to fix, there's nothing users can do if the submit-proxy.php file is missing.

Edit: If they've just re-named the submit file they could just re-name it back and all links to it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    UncleP, Sep 29, 2011 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Exactly. :)

We screwed up an upgrade. Siva just fixed it. :eek:

For faster bug fixes, PM me over at NetBuilders. :)

Will.Spencer, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  20. fattwam

fattwam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,
    I had a question and wanted your opinion on something.
    This is to do with Ads vs Users.
    Option 1: Display ads on Index page only and No ads on Proxied pages to try to get returning visitors since there are no annoying popups/popunders and banners.
    Option 2: Display ads on Both the Index page and Proxied pages, with the annoying popups/popunders and banners.

Thing is though that since proxies get blocked for users on a regular basis, even if you dont have ads being displayed on Proxied pages some users will not return just cause of the fact that the Proxy got blocked from where there were using it meaning your losing earnings on proxied pages. Or If your displaying ads on both you might not get returning visitors but that fact is that since proxies are easy to find that it doesn't matter anyways.

Been looking at quite a lot of Web based proxies and seeing that most of them display ads on both including the annoying pop's, But is not displaying ads on proxied pages worth anything or just lose of earnings ?
    I might try to start a new proxy just for advertising testing, Maybe have 1 with CPA ads which i dont expect to work well since users wont fill in any offers to use the proxy they will just find another. But since CPA pays well that might not matter as you would only need a small number of conversions to make around the same amount as a good amount of regular banner ad clicks.

Or starting a proxy using a service like Adf.ly or Adfoc.us where every page gets shown a full page ad, though again i see this being very annoying and this type of advertising not paying off what so ever.

Or even offering Ad free service for a monthly fee with a member ship system or VPN services.

Also just started my new network.
    A-ZBlocker
    ABlocker
    BBlocker
    CBlocker
    ... Etc with any letter followed by blocker.info

fattwam, Sep 30, 2011 IP