1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone sold me a site here and won't send it

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BenRacicot, Sep 29, 2011.

Hello I hope someone can help me.
    I have gone back and forth with a seller and he has sent me one thing at a time.
    First the site in zip and now it has been 2 weeks and refuses to send the domain.

I don't know what to do.

BenRacicot, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Open a PayPal dispute and word it carefully .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  3. BenRacicot

BenRacicot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I guess I'm gonna have too :(
    Why are people conniving?

BenRacicot, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  4. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because they want something for nothing. Just open up a dispute and leave neg itrader. Not much else you can do.

benjaminp, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Open the dispute and give the negative itrade

lifeplayer, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  6. MainVoice

MainVoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it would be good to out the person in this thread so others can see who he is and to not deal with him in any future exchanges

MainVoice, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  7. rahahm33

rahahm33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Open a dispute, call up paypal and let them know your situation, and hope for the best.

rahahm33, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  8. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't open a paypal dispute right away because paypal isn't very good at giving refunds on digital items unless you have some kind of contract or agreement with the party which I highly doubt you do, What is the buyer saying, are the bluntly telling you your not getting anything, if so why are they saying this, did you agree to buy the site and the domain or just the contents of the site? How much did you pay for it, is it even worth going forward with? If it's a decent amount several hundred bucks, I would suggest getting someone to type you up a legal letter, a lawyer or someone with experience in doing this, I even have done this for many people, for about $50-$100 threatening them with legal action if they do not either provide you what you paid for or refund your money, Plain and simple they can't have both ways, Also do you have proof of everything, like emails, chat logs, etc? These are good to have and make sure you screen shot or have saved so you can keep them for legal action, now even if you lost $500 it probably wouldn't be a good idea to take legally except for some legal threats via a letter/email because of the fact you will spend double that just trying to sue them and you will lose more then you will win, and they might not even pay you even if you do win, or they could be in another country which would be next to impossible to do anything with. All in all you probably learned a hard lesson and expensive lesson but I suggest the next time you do such a deal you have a lawyer, or someone that knows about selling these types of things or even go online and get a free legal form that shows what your getting, both parties sign it, and what your buying at what price and it would be much harder for the person to dispute if you contacted paypal with such a document or court ruling.

Anyways good luck in the future.

ryan1918, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain how a delay in any way helps his cause?

browntwn, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  10. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am scammed before too. Opening a dispute doesnt work out for me. Paypal is reluntant to return me my $$, it's a sale over $700 usd

D3rek, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  11. redlandgames

redlandgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    name and shame them at least!

redlandgames, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  12. mkjones589

mkjones589 Peon

Best Answers:
    They should have a shiit list here on Dp.. Always have to do your homework / due diligence you know?

If it makes you feel better, I will be selling a site here in a the next day or so - (and yes, I will be sending it upon payment) just review my posts over the next day or so and you'll see it :)

mkjones589, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  13. BenRacicot

BenRacicot Peon

Best Answers:
    [h=1]This guy-
    thecarraibean [​IMG]
    Hand of A'dal[/h]Sold me MP3LI.COM for $30 bucks on DP. he responded a bunch then nothing. He even sent me the site in a zip file.
    So obviously I asked about the domain transfer and he stopped responding. Been over a week now.
    His paypal address had the name Michelle Yazidi, so I guess this went from a Amine Romdhane <aminedw@gmail.com> to a Michelle.
    I opened a dispute yesterday and noticed that payment was sent Sep. 14th.
    I never thought 30 bucks was enough to rip someone off via Paypal or to get high on crack...
    Thanks for all your help and replies though.

BenRacicot, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  14. Tumpo

Tumpo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, open a paypal dispute and send them a whois screenshot showing that the transfer of the domain has not taken place, send them the digitalpoint thread where you made the transaction, the digital point terms and conditions in marketplace acts as a contract, etc..

Many people lose paypal disputes cause they do not show enough proof.

Tumpo, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  15. GettingmoreprofitNAJ

GettingmoreprofitNAJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Give him a neg itrader and tell him you will find him and kill him if he doesnt return money. Say you got his IP Address and act tough lol

GettingmoreprofitNAJ, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  16. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen to this guy.

Whatever you do make sure its not this. This may be the worst piece of advice I've ever read, and my ex was an O magazine subscriber

Do you have any proof that he did this to you? Sorry, but you can't just accuse somebody of treachery without being able to back it up.

pbmann1213, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  17. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because he will lose the dispute and never win the paypal claim, as intangible goods are not protected under the paypal's policy.

Anything that is digital IE: Anything that you can't touch you have a chance of 90% of losing the case, and then you are screwed.

The only way you will win is if you have a contract, agreement, or something signed from the person that is under the paypal account and you can prove you never got what was being sold, which is pretty hard to do with digital items, the only way you have a chance at winning is when he opens the dispute the person clicks REFUND or PARTIAL REFUND, and the other only reason you will have is if your paypal account was compromised and you never made the payment, and they will check the ip addressees that logged in, the browser, os and match it with previous logins.

It's much better to try to resolve it with the person before opening a dispute because of the slim chance of winning it, He has 60 days to open a dispute from when the payment was sent.

ryan1918, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  18. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah one of the name's are fake, try this information.

amine romdhane aminedw@gmail
    antar grombalia
    grombalia
    nabeul,8030
    TN
    Tel. +216.23885524

ryan1918, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  19. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's his facebook page, enjoy!

facebook.com/people/Amine-Ben-Romdhane/791970003?sk=wall

ryan1918, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  20. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If you going to buy website, or template...

like if you are going to buy 500$$

you can ask the seller you are going to pay 250 $ and ask the seller send you something ( not all of it )

until you get something, as see everything alright, then pay another 250 $

good luck to you, hope you will get what you are pay for :)

dom19, Oct 4, 2011 IP